Membership not yet renewed or taken? Read on.

Club News and Announcements
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 04 Mar 2009, 00:06

Dear all,

Everyone regularly participating in club activities must have membership and Cycling NSW licence coverage - minimum Ride It Licence (or KIDZ licence for juniors). Benefits of coverage include various insurance benefits and protections.

We allow prospective members two to three rides to get a feel whether DHBC is the club for them. Beyond this, prospective members should choose if they wish to become a member and continue riding with us, or not.

All riders, whether members or not, should continue to be aware of the inherent risks of cycling as outlined on our website, and prospective members will have less protection than the cover afforded to paid up members. http://www.dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=Risks_of_Cycling. Any participation is on basis of accepting full responsibility for these risks oneself.

For those few still to renew please see the following:

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/files/members/members.htm

For those wanting to join over February but unable to make payment to Lindsay who was in Tassie, the good news is we will have a registration desk at the Omnium at Canterbury Veledrome, Tempe from 4pm on 14th March.

After this date we will be unable to allow riders to continue to ride, who should have membership. Newbies trying us out as outlined above will still be welcome to ride with us.

Frank.S87

Postby Frank.S87 » 04 Mar 2009, 10:10

is there anychance of accepting Cash @ the VelodromE?.. or does it have to be check only?.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 04 Mar 2009, 11:08

Franksun,

Thanks for the question.

Just spoke with Lindsay. He will be at the track most Mondays, Wednesdays and THursdays and is happy to recieve either cash or check. For RideIt Licence, I believe it is around $70.

If anyone wants to contact Lindsay with questions or to flag that they are turning up to the Track to pay, please use the Personal Message function.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 06 Mar 2009, 08:20

Thanks for the question. Just spoke with Lindsay. He will be at the track most Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and is happy to receive either cash or check. For RideIt Licence, I believe it is around $70.
Click this link to the soon to be updated How to Join page for all the links to forms or on-line payment systems, costs, how to join etc.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 09:26

CNSW's system does not give the option for members to swap from regular to Ride-It license. Sneaky! ;)

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 06 Mar 2009, 10:16

I did it last year by filling out a paper membership form, I only paid for the Ride-It Licence, and then in the mail appeared....

A Full Race Licence

I didn't race, as I didn't want questions to be asked if I had to claim on insurance.

When I went to renew on CNSW's site, I was prompted to pay for the full Race Licence. I again filled out the paper form, and I highlighted that it was a ride it licence.

Let's see what happens this year...

James

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 10:34

Keep us posted James. I've already renewed for a regular license but may consider Ride-It for next year.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 16 Mar 2009, 23:11

Thank you so much to those 6 or so who rocked up to the Omnium to pay their membership coverage and those who have done it online.

Please remember, if you are regular (more than 3 introductory rides), you should not ride with us without the appropriate licence/coverage.

Lindsay has membership forms at the Track on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (for days he is there).

Regards and thanks

Geoff

Return to “News and Announcements”