Jersey order page

Club News and Announcements
lindsay

Postby lindsay » 21 Jun 2007, 22:55

Dear All,

I've made a new page for your orders for jerseys. If you'd like to make an order for a club jersey please use the form. Link is below or it's on our main menu.

http://www.dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=Club_Jerseys

FAswad

Postby FAswad » 25 Jun 2007, 19:24

When is payment time, and how?

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 25 Jun 2007, 23:16

Basically when the jerseys come in. so in about 7 weeks time.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 05 Oct 2007, 15:54

Do we have an update on the new jersey run? Are they on order yet?

With Spring Cycles, Gong ride, summer races and a larger Sunday bunch, it would be good if we (those without a club jersey) can call DHBC our club.

I would further call for the club to maintain a stock of new jerseys for new members and for replacement, or the club would continue to split along the line of those who have and those who have not.

Grant Bond

Postby Grant Bond » 08 Oct 2007, 13:59

This is all underway....

A few points-:

1. The jerseys have been ordered for about 7 weeks.

2. Final artwork has now been signed off and the Jerseys are about a fortnight away.

3. There will be extras for those that didn't order up front.

4. We all have day jobs and it is a bit busy with organising all of the events we have coming up over the next couple of months..With Lindsay distracted by other events we have been delivering as best as we can.

5. I notice that not many people have put their hands up to help out with the organisation of the events we have coming up...its great that everybody wants to participate on the bike but i would remind you all that the off the bike stuff is equally important in contributing to a sucessful club. The club only succeeds by the actions of its members.

I suppose im trying to say that it might not look like there is much action up top but there is a lot of paddling going on down below.

Be patient...its all happening!

:D

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 08 Oct 2007, 15:53

Thanks for the update Grant. Good to hear that they are coming and would look forward to wearing it on the Gong ride.

Fully appreciate the need for members to contribute to the running of major events as well as other behind the scene work. However, with the timing clash b/n fund raising for the MS Society on the Gong ride and the fixie century, it was just not possible.

The reason why I called to have a stash of jerseys are as follows,

1) Jersey shows what and who we are and represents club unity.
2) Jersey shows that we are serious with our club and cycling, as seen by others and amongst ourselves. It's also good advertising for the club and attract new members.
3) New members should not need to wait for a year and more for a jersey.

Obviously, having a stock of new jerseys is an investment by the club and the finances may not permit it. But I think it's a worthwhile item to budget for so that new members get that belonging feel ASAP. And given the number of members who bought old DHBC jerseys off Al over the last 12 months (no cheaper than an official club jersey), I suspect the club stash would be revenue neutral at worst.

At the end of the day, man power is what's required to conduct events, and the only way to improve that is to grow our membership. :D

Grant Bond

Postby Grant Bond » 08 Oct 2007, 16:08

1. Rest assured I have ordered spares /a stash see point 3 of my previous post.

I am aware of the need for timeliness in relation to these issues...

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 09 Oct 2007, 18:25

Jerseys are an important part of the club which everyone is passionate about which is a great thing. I'm happy to provide some more context as to the logistical challenges at the moment, and why everyone should be patient..... we are almost there.

In the past many many years, Al has provided plain red jerseys (and continues to provide this retro style, now with some additional embroidery).

It has only been about 11 months to date that the club did the work to get the new jerseys up and running with Simon, and particularly Grant putting in huge efforts to establish this. Lack or funding meant we had to painstakingly collect money off people, and could only order what we had money for.

To order the new jerseys has been a significant task because it has required re-design, sign-off, review of the red colour (we didn't use the best red the first time), checking off our finances and cash flow etc.

Grant has done almost all of this on top of a 60 hour per week role, and Grafton.

Next step was to pay the 30% deposit and Lindsay was organising that through club finances. Due to very unfortunate events, he has had to go to Greece.

Grant was contemplating putting his hand in his own pocket to pre-fund the deposit when news came through of the Track event we had to run. Again, because Lindsay has been called away unexpectedly, Grant and Simon have put their hand up to help lead our execution of this event.

This is the reason we have a delay. Its not ideal, but its why, and its OK in the circumstance.

Put it this way, if we don't focus our efforts on the track event, and execute that right, we might all be too embarrassed to wear our jerseys - so its our absolute priority.

The good news is that we are progressing with building our club and resources.

In 11 months we moved from no modern jersey, to a new jersey, and very soon we will have an inventory of jerseys as well, now we have the funds to support this. I'm pleased with this progess when you review where we have come from.

I know Grant has been our key contact on jerseys to date, but he is keen once this order is over for someone to take this responsibility on.

We need someone to commit to managing jerseys going forward. Could you please let me or Grant know if you can do this. Grant can provide some more information about what this entails?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Oct 2007, 20:18

Thanks Geoff for filling in. It's always good to spread the words and communicate these difficulties, a helper might just show up.

I'd happy to assist with managing the jerseys.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 09 Oct 2007, 22:20

Thanks Weiyun- have a chat to Grant next time. If you have some design experience this competency also helps, if we have to modify the design in the future.

If you need a jersey for any event such as Spring Ride or the Gong and the orders haven't come in, someone might lend you one. (Can anyone help? - Is there anyone else in these 2 events wanting to borrow one?)

I'm an XL. Probably too big, but happy to lend to you for those weekends. I lent it to Huw when we did the 60km Handicap out at Macarthur last month.

Interestinlgy I went to the Leichardt Council, LBUG Bike Day with my family on Sunday after our club ride and still in my jersey. Someone spotted my jersey and said he had been following our Fixie Century Ride with interest on the internet and was wondering about our rides, and was considering turning up one Saturday. You're right - there is really good PR when wearing it.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Oct 2007, 22:29

I'll talk to Grant next time and see how I can help.

The jersey is our billboard and new members will come. Nicer the jersey, the better the exposure.

Thanks for the offer of loan jersey but will see what happens come ride time. I'll need a S size though... A flapping jersey would probably be counter productive to our cause. :wink:

Grant Bond

Postby Grant Bond » 30 Oct 2007, 13:06

Ladies and Gents;

I have spoken to our supplier today and they tell me the jerseys will be dispatched on 14th November.

Glenno

Postby Glenno » 16 Nov 2007, 21:30

Grant have the jerseys arrived yet?

if they have when/where can i get one?

lindsay

Postby lindsay » 20 Nov 2007, 11:11

Michael,

Grant said last night 24th of this month he is expecting delivery & we'll have extra to give us stock so you should be able to purchase.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Return to “News and Announcements”