DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 20 Nov 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 22 Nov 2013, 10:18

Hi All,

Again Congratulations to Mia Wallace for picking up 3rd at the U13’s Clarence St Cup final last weekend. Hopefully Mia can place higher at the DHBC carnival.

Due to illness I wasn’t at the event but my spies told me that everyone had improved from the week before and showing great performances. Again, well done everyone

We had 12 riders for the first session and 2 pixies from LACC having their first go on Tempe.
Lizanne work with the LACC girls on the warm up track and out onto the duck board for a couple of laps

Everyone please remember to check you type pressure and for that matter you bike before the session starts as you’ll hold up the proceedings for the others.

We started with a 10 lap warm up motor pace behind Caitlin at about 25kph.
Next whistle sprints. The bunch split in 2 so 6ish on the track at a time.
The slower group motor paced behind Caitlin at 25-27kph while the faster rider worked together in a Paceline for 10 laps.
We ran out of time to run a catch the bunch, next week.

The late session had 18 rides. Starting with the faster group Pace lining for 30 laps and the slower group motor pacing behind Lizanne for 20 laps.
Next we ran 3 groups through the ladder sprint drill.
Finishing with a warm down motor pace for 20 laps

Good luck to Zanzi, Tom Bolton and Ruby for this weekend at the Melbourne leg of the Nation Junior Track Series. Full reports on your return, thanks.

The DHBC Christmas Party
Date: Friday 29th November
Time: 6:30pm
Place: Petersham Bowling Club 77 Brighton Street, Petersham.
Cost: $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for juniors
Includes: Some food (drinks to be purchased separately by members).

DHBC hosted Junior track carnival - November 30
We will be hosting a junior track carnival at the end of November, this will be a Cycling NSW event and open to all clubs. We are looking for volunteers in all areas to help out with things such as the BBQ, canteen, registration, handlers, and various other jobs.
It will be an enjoyable afternoon event... and many hands make light work (etc)! Please contact James for more details.

So far there are 28 entries with 9 DHBC riders.

Upcoming events

Cycling NSW has updated its website so to find the event calendar and online entry go to http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/Events-Re ... s-Calendar

November
23 & 24th – NJTS Rd2 at DISC Melbourne
30th DHBC Carnival. U9 to U 13. Maybe plus more

December
7th Bowral Cup in Bowral. U9 to elite. Entries Close 1 December
6 & 7th NJTS Rd 3 in Launceston
13th Presidents Cup at DGV. U17s up. Entries Close 1 December
13th NSW Club Team Sprint Championships. U15 to elite. Entries Close 1 December.
14th Illawarra Track Open in Wollongong. U9 to U17 plus Seniors
27 to 31st Christmas Carnival. TBC. Hopefully like last year there was a junior event before the seniors event.

The Women’s Track is back for 2 more instalments being held on the 7th and 21st of December. The usual time of 2 – 4pm.

Rider Licence renewals
As most riders’ licences expire on the 31st Dec. it’s a good time to renew so you have your new licence for next year.
I will be doing a licence check on the first 2014 training session and if you don’t have a licence, you can’t ride, no exceptions

Birthdays
This week we have two birthdays to celebrate, Happy Birthday to Taku and Isaac, hope you all have/had a great day!!

Christmas BBQ
The Christmas BBQ will be on the 11th December. I will supply the sausages and rolls, please bring a plate to share.

Another Big thanks to Lizanne and Caitlin
‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”