DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 18 Mar 2015

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 23 Mar 2015, 16:08

Hi All,

Running late with my newsletter, sorry.

The weather changed just as the early session was about to start. The rain didn’t dampen spirits as we moved under the grandstand for a workout on the trainers. Some very red faces at the end as we worked on cadence and pedalling drills.

The track had dried enough of the late session to run as normal. As the Metros were on Saturday, we ran through the races that were to be held, 400m Time Trial, 3k Scratch Race and 1.2k Derby.
After a 10 lap Paceline to warm up, straight into the TT which saw new PB’s for all as we’d never timed over 400m, normally 666m.
Next 4 lap Derby’s in 3’s. with some very close finishes between the riders. And lastly, an all-in 10 lap scratch race.
A good session end with some warm down laps.

Talking of the Metro’s, congratulations the all rides. The rain finally cleared and we had a great day racing with some excellent result for our juniors.
Special mention and extra congratulations go to:

Taku Rogers – Bronze U17 Men Overall
Max Santos – Silver U15 Men Overall
Tess Wallace – Silver U15 Women Overall
Genevieve Santo – Bronze U13 Girls Overall
Joseph Santos – Silver U9 Participation Overall

Full results are here

Upcoming Events

Mar 28 – Classic Bike Show, again we have been asked to run some juniors exhibition racing between 12 – 1
This is a great opportunity to help support and display the strength of the juniors program. You are required to come!
I really need to know who can make it so Alex and I can put together a small program.

Apr 25 – ANZAC Day Carnival, Bowral, I have been speaking with the president of the southern Highlands SC and the will be on, . Entries via Cycling NSW soon.

Apr 26 – DHBC Rookwood Criterium #2, see here for details

Also keep an eye on the Cycling NSW Events Calendar for updates and entry on other events

Birthdays
No Birthdays this week and for the rest of March

Thanks to Amy, Bernie, Jen, Tess and Jamie for your help

‘til next Wednesday
Colin

Return to “Track”