DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 2 Sep 2015

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 04 Sep 2015, 11:58

Hi All,

Firstly, I’ll like to thank Earlwood-Bardwell Park RSL for their generous sponsorship for a second year.
It took some time but we were able to give all junior riders a sports T-shirt on Wednesday night. Those that missed out, I’ll have you’s ready for collection next Wednesday night.

Time fly’s when you’re having fun, only 4 weeks until the track session starts. I’m calling for nominations for track captains for the 2016 session.
Also the start of session BBQ, is it better to hold on the 30th Sep (school holidays) or 7 Oct (after the NJTS)? Please let me know your preference asap.

Training started slowly for the early session. The magpie claiming the win as riders passed underneath.
With the novice riders again showing they are quickly gaining track skills and some will be move to start on the main track very soon. A credit to the excellent work done by Alison, Caitlin, Mia, Tess and Jen.

On the main track, the warmup on a 15 lap Paceline. followed by starts. 2 standing and 2 seated. Then to finish a 10 lap Paceline warm down

The late session started with a 10 lap warm up Paceline but the whistle was blown a few times and the number of lap was extended to 20.
Next was race simulation with rolling 1K efforts. Small group fighting it out over 3 laps at race pace. As expected, the same rider from each group did not cross the line first on each effort.
Each group put in a good 3 effort and deserved a rest before the final Italian pursuit.

The two team line up with Mia, Caitlin, Ruby, Joseph, Sarah, Lawrence and Bro on the back straight and Alison, Will, Luke, Adrien, Harry, Jonathan, Sebastian and Taku on the front straight.
The team on the front straight pulled away to a 10meter lead by the 3rd change but Harry pulled out putting the team into disarray. This gave the back straight team time to seize back the 10 meters. Both Bro and Taku put in 2 laps to the finish.
Both crossed the line together, It was that close that I called a draw. Excellent work by all.

Upcoming events

With 4 weeks until the track session starts

2-3 Oct – NJTS Sydney
10-11 Oct – Scody Cup on Wheels
7 Nov – 34th Clarence Street Cup
14-15 Nov – NSW U19 + Elite Ominun Champs
14-15 Nov – NJTS Melbourne
21 Nov - Bathurst Track Open
27-29 Nov - NSW U19, Elite & Para-Cycling Track Championships
28 Nov - NSW Metropolitan Junior Track Championships - Lidcombe Oval
4-5 Dec – NJTS Launceston
5 Dec - NSW U19 & Elite Club Teams Track Championships (and Masters Non-Championship)
11 Dec - 2015 Bowral Cup Track Open
12 Dec - 2015 Illawarra Track Open
27-30 Dec - Sydney Christmas Carnivals
9 Jan - Goulburn Trackpower
11-12 Jan – NJTS Adelaide
16 Jan - NSW U15 & U17 Club Teams Track Championships
22 Jan – NSW Junior Track Championships
30 Jan – Central Coast Open
6 Feb – Wagga Wagga Golden Wheel
13 Feb - NSW U9-U13 Track Championships – Dubbo
14 Feb - 2016 Dubbo Track Open

RAW
Week 12 tonight. 7:05 start
Congratulations to Rohan for winning the skingrowsback wheelrace last week.
He is currently second in Div 3 and the other riders are all doing well in the other divisions.
Great to see so many junior riders at RAW each Friday night. Only 3 more to go.

J-RAW at Dunc Gray Velodrome this Saturday (last for the series)
Three race series for U11, 13, 15 and novice U17s
Saturday 4Jul, 22 Aug and 5 Sep. track opens at 2 form 3pm racing start
$8 entry on the day

Birthdays
Happy Birthday this week goes to Caitlin and Luke. Hope you both had a fantastic day.

Thanks to Alison, Mia, Caitlin, Tess and Jen for your help.

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”