RNP Road Work

Road cycling & upcoming rides
wallman

Postby wallman » 16 Apr 2009, 16:38

This is just a note of caution to anyone who habitually rides through RNP that there's roadworks taking place there at the moment. Cars are currently being turned around at the Garie Bch turnoff and at Wattamolla Rd. They're letting bikes through but be warned that it's not a nice trip. There are various bits of road that have been completely removed necessitating various levels of caution and at one point you'll need to actually carry your bike for a few hundred meters. All the remaining good bits of road have someone stationed on them holding a Stop/Slow sign, but from my experience today it seems that they only use the Stop side. I struggled to get anything useful out of the many work crews that I had the opportunity to stop and chat to but it seems as if it'll be like this for the next eight weeks!
Matt

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 16 Apr 2009, 19:02

Thanks for the warning Matt!

Sounds like a right hand turn at the bottom Waterfall descent and do the big loop is the better option.

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 16 Apr 2009, 22:32

I'm confused as to where the road is being worked on, as wattamolla rd seems to be in helensburgh. I'm guessing it's from Garie turnoff to some point north of that??

wallman

Postby wallman » 17 Apr 2009, 08:38

I'm confused as to where the road is being worked on, as wattamolla rd seems to be in helensburgh. I'm guessing it's from Garie turnoff to some point north of that??
That's pretty much right...I had a look at Google Maps before I put that post together and it definately has a Wattamolla Road coming off Sir Bertram Stevens Drive, but there's also Bundeena Drive intersecting at about the same spot. Either way, that's where they were turning traffic around yesterday.

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 17 Apr 2009, 10:49

According to the RTA

Royal National Park - Sir Bertram Stevens Drive between Loftus and Waterfall
Road works
Lanes closed: Both directions - All
To: 4:00pm on 06 May 2009
RTA advice: Use alternative route, Check signage
Other advice: The road is closed for pavement rehabilitation and maintenance work. Work hours Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm. There will be no work over the Easter long weekend from Friday 10 April to Monday 13 April inclusive.

I think that is pretty clear

James

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 17 Apr 2009, 22:57

I saw that, just wasn't sure if i'd still be able to do some hill repeats, if i manage to find some time to do them. :wink:

Return to “Road”