Race report: Heffron Park May 28

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 30 May 2011, 13:17

I raced at Heffron on Saturday afternoon which was a windy day with the threat of rain.

It was an odd race. Firstly, the second i sat on my saddle to get going, the nose pointed down really low as somehow the bolt had come loose. I seemed to be able to sit up ok so I kept going although I felt really weird and wondered if it would be ok for me to pull over for a mechanical. The race was a fairly typical D grade pace. I decided to attack in the middle of the race to shake things up. Two other riders caught me but the bunch brought us back within a lap.
From then it pretty much all came down to the sprint. I knew there was a headwind so I didn't want to be too close to the front. I stayed in 5th wheel as we headed into the final straight and as others in front of me overtook I followed wheels and then started my sprint with about 200m to go. I was in front with one rider from Randwick (in UNSW kit) dueling me to the line. It was pretty much neck and neck and I thought he had me but he pulled up early confusing the two white posts with the finish line. I pulled ahead at the critical moment and took it easily over the line. It was great to finally win a race. I'm looking forward to going back next week and hopefully my saddle will stay level this time!

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 30 May 2011, 16:42

great stuff Adrian -

Timbo

Postby Timbo » 01 Jun 2011, 09:41

Good job Adrian. Clearly that Saturday Waterfall ride helped!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 01 Jun 2011, 11:25

Mate, the fire has returned

Return to “Road”