SU Velo Racing Sunday 22nd September

Road cycling & upcoming rides
JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 17 Sep 2013, 08:20

Hi All,

SU Velo racing is on this weekend for Women's Grades A & B. This will be run as a handicap with B grade being sent off first with A grade to follow and then it's all on. However, an experienced cyclist will be with B grade for the duration of the race to offer assistance in race tactics. Perfect for a first timer!

Details
Date: Sunday 22nd September
Place: Heffron Park
Time: Sign on at 7am, race start at 7:30.
Cost: $10 (if you only have a silver licence, day race licences are available for an additional $33.00).

Unfortunately I can't make it as I'm doing the Half Marathon that morning. But if anyone is interested in going, please write your name down here so a group can be organised if possible.

Note, as this is a sanctioned event you must wear DHBC kit (and hey, who wouldn't want to!).

Jo

anna_g

Postby anna_g » 17 Sep 2013, 16:15

Hi Jo,

Does this race has any restriction on silver license can only purchase one 1 day license per year kind of thing?
I'm keen on doing it but only have silver license.

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 17 Sep 2013, 17:47

Hi Anna,

I'm not sure sorry! Not all races let you take out a day license so I don't think it's restricted to one a year.

The reason for asking you to take out a day license is for insurance purposes in the (unlikely) event you have an accident.

If you think you might race regularly it might be worth upgrading.

Jo

anna_g

Postby anna_g » 17 Sep 2013, 18:34

If you think you might race regularly it might be worth upgrading.
I'm waiting till october or next year (when my silver one expires) to upgrade to gold membership so it'll last till end of 2014 rather than end of 2013.

I think i'll try out the race on sunday (a good one for newbie like me) :)

Return to “Road”