The Colnago Erik Mather Memorial Cup - Monday April 21st

Road cycling & upcoming rides
JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 26 Mar 2014, 15:06

From Waratah Masters:

Colnago & FRF Sports are sponsoring the annual Colnago Cup in memory of Erik Mather. Erik was a well known A Grade club rider and club Iron Man champion (Balmoral Beach Club) who passed away in 2011 aged 44 after succumbing to Melanoma. Along with his sporting achievements Erik was also a champion of ethical corporate standards. He was a driving force behind positive change in the Australian Finance Industry and was named Ethical Investor's Champion of the Decade in 2010 for his behind the scenes work with the Tamar River pulp mill. To quote Investment Magazine "No-one has ever done so much to encourage so many to do good.”

The commemorative event will be held at Eastern Creek on Monday April 21 (Easter Monday).

The race is an open event for Masters (30+) and Elite women.

There is well over $4500 in prize money for Grades A-E with $750 1st prize for Grade A and $100 to the fastest woman in each grade. Trophies will be presented to the winner of each grade.

Entries can be made through Cycling NSW before April 12.

See Waratah Masters for further details.

The Colnago Erik Mather memorial Cup is a major event for Waratah Masters as well as a celebration of a life of a man of integrity.

Many thanks, Martin Cunningham

Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 08 Apr 2014, 21:38

I've registered for this today as I desperately need to get some regular intensity in my training between now and Dinnerville. I've registered in this on a whim of finding some form. Who else is in? Would be good to see some red jerseys.

I'll be starting to hit Waratah Vets Sundays when its dry. Might see a few peeps at Lansdowne this Sunday??

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 09 Apr 2014, 12:43

I've ridden this before and may be up for it although the burglars come out in force for these events with cash prizes, especially in the lower grades and I race D.

rtb

Postby rtb » 09 Apr 2014, 14:45

Stuart, I haven't raced with the Waratahs for about 3 years, but was D grade back then so presumably would be the same now
I will keep you informed if I can make it
I also can't climb, but I can sprint, will need to do some training though, do cook probably too much
maybe we can work together, support each other during race and at the end if we make it
Robert

PJCampbell

Postby PJCampbell » 11 Apr 2014, 22:03

+1 red jersey.

rtb

Postby rtb » 13 Apr 2014, 20:57

Stuart my apologies, I won't be racing
the morning temperature for Eastern Creek next Monday is 11
my asthma does not cope with exercise in that temperature
good luck hope it goes well

Return to “Road”