need a bike fit....Any recommendations???

Road cycling & upcoming rides
John T

Postby John T » 01 Oct 2015, 15:07

Hi,

I'm in need of a bike fit. Getting a soar neck after rides and I figured its time to get a fit rather than the band aid solution i have been resorting to of physio. Any suggestions from those who are happy with their bike fit??

Thanks

JT

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » 01 Oct 2015, 16:35

our sponsor velofix is excellent

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 01 Oct 2015, 22:35

2nd that. Although I had been fitted about 3 years ago, I got a stronger core and got stronger on the bike in the meantime. I was starting to feel lopsided on the bike and went to Velofix to get fitted again. Took a couple of hours, I've got a vid of before and after and the bike feels SO much better. Definitely worth the time and $$.

demerson

Postby demerson » 05 Oct 2015, 11:42

I had a bike fit at Velofix with James and Anthony last week as I've been having knee and shoulder issues. It has significantly improved the level of comfort on the bike and my knee and shoulder problems have not manifested since (though it's only been a week of small rides so far). While it costs a bit of money it is well worth the cost.

Cheers,
Dave

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 06 Oct 2015, 09:16

I can also recommend Blair from the Body Mechanic. A few of our members have gone to him and all rave.

He's also a physio who has participated in Ironman so has the experience behind him. As a physio it means you can claim a portion back on private health insurance too.

Rumour has it he is leaving soon so I would book in sooner rather than later.

John T

Postby John T » 06 Oct 2015, 17:36

thanks for the feedback folks. booked in with Velofix next week. a few of my non DHBC mates also rave about Blair. He;s not avail till 27th Oct. Cheers. JT

Sim

Postby Sim » 26 Nov 2015, 14:01

I'll throw in my recommendation for Velofix. After getting repeated lower back soreness on longer rides, a bike fit from James (a fellow DHBC member) has seen it completely disappear thanks mainly to a newer saddle, lower drop, and forward position. Shoe inserts have also helped with arch support.

Very happy to have spent the $ upfront to be more comfortable ... and to be avoiding the inevitable physio fees I was heading for.

Return to “Road”