Coonabarabran - Gunnedah - Tamworth

Road cycling & upcoming rides
T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 05 Jun 2007, 15:32

Well, it's coming up soon. This is a very enjoyable weekend of racing. Due to the distance from Sydney and the saturday morning start, we have to leave on Friday (usually around lunchtime). The dates are 29,30th June and 1st July.

First day is a Handicap race which is usually quite a fast race (last year Scratch averaged 46 or 48km/h). The first 60kms or so are rolling hills before it flattens out, with a nice downhill near the finish.

Sunday is a Scratch race and is reasonably flat, with only a few hills. I've had a few different experiences with this race, first freezing cold rain, next year constant attacks by me with no luck, and last year i just had nothing left in the engine.

Anyway, if you are interested, please let me know by Sunday 10th June, so we can start to organise accomodation (Gunnedah can book out quickly). Alan will be driving the van, so anyone who wants to go will have some transport (just chuck in a bit for fuel).

If you need more convincing, i'll try my best, but i'd like to see a good turn out for this race. Also, the entry for the saturday includes dinner, as it is their 50th anniversary of the race, so don't be shocked by the cost.

Return to “Road”