Tour Down Under 2011'Last Chance to have a Dance with Lance'

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Julio

Postby Julio » 03 Nov 2010, 07:45

http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/

Who is going down?

I have looked into flights and so far its around $200 return, http://www.webjet.com.au/

add $145 for the community challenge http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/getinvo ... lengetour2

then add accom, food and bevvies you're looking at around $500 for the 'Last Chance to have a Dance with Lance'

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 05 Nov 2010, 16:44

I will be there. Great fun this year, I can't wait for 2011's installment. I am flying down the Tuesday night. I will ride to spectate stages 2 and 3, participate in stage 4. Then ride to spectate the remaining stages. I will look for the "Dulwich Hill Spotted".

cheers

Dougie

Joe

Postby Joe » 05 Jan 2011, 18:28

I'll be there to ride the 4th stage and maybe watch the last 2 stages (depending on the schedule with the Adelaide "outlaws"). I was a bit gutted that we have to wear the event jerseys to participate... I was looking forward to representing the club and spotting the other members!

AliG

Postby AliG » 15 Jan 2011, 14:54

I'll be there and riding to each stage - assuming the bike survives my shoddy packing job... Send me a message if you want someone to ride to the stage with!
Alison

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 17 Jan 2011, 09:42

G'day to anyone visiting Adelaide for the TDU. If you are looking to add to your "Dulwich Hill Spotted" score card, feel free to join me for a pleasant pedal through the Hills.

On Wednesday I will be riding to Woodsidefrom the city via either Greenhill rd or Glen Osmond rd (i haven't decided yet) with a mate from the Gold Coast. He's not as experienced so it will be pretty slow. I am allowing two hours for the 36K due to the climb up Greenhill Rd or Glen Osmond Rd. (70-80k return depending on route). The race runs through Woodside at 1pm, we will plan on getting to woodside at about 12, have lunch, watch the riders and then ride back to town. so I imagine it will be a 10am departure.

Thursday we will ride to Stirling from Unley via Glen Osmond rd. We will watch the start in Unley, have some brunch with our families then head off probably about 11.45 for Stirling. The riders come through at 1.30. We will then meet our families, see the finish and ride back to the City.

Friday is the big one.

I am negotiating Saturday, however i hope to ride to Aldinga Beach, see the race and play with my kids on the beach.

Sunday i shall rest!

You are most welcome to ride with us on any of the days. Feel free to PM me for my Mobile number if you want to meet us anywhere along the route.

Cheers

Dougie (aka Douglas from the occassional C25's, C28's and Slowies)

Return to “Conversation”