Wagga Wagga Cycling Club - BIke Theft

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 28 Oct 2015, 13:51

Hi All,

Some of you may have heard that Wagga Wagga Cycling Club was broken into last week. They have sent through a request to the club as per the below. If any individual member would like to make a donation, the details are below. The club has not yet made a decision to donate.

Good Morning Club Presidents, Club Representative and members of the wider Cycling Community.

As you may by now be aware, the Wagga Wagga Cycling Club was targeted by thieves over the past weekend. The club has lost a total of 13 track bikes and 2 road bikes.

This comes at time when the club is seeing strong growth amongst juniors wishing to take up the sport. Indeed, over the past few days, our membership has grown by 10 riders (10%).

Wagga Wagga CC has been able to offer club bikes on a hire basis to newer members who are just starting out. Some of the bikes stolen were only 2 weeks old!

I am writing to you, to ask if your club would be in a position to financially assist us with the replacement of these bikes.

Southern Masters CC have been in touch and have requested that I send them the invoice for one new bike. This is an extremely generous offer, one for which we are very grateful. I am aware that all of us club level have different levels of financial security and support. If your club could see its way clear to assist us in some fashion, the Wagga Wagga CC would be extremely grateful.

Donations can be made into the following account. Please send me a quick email and I will be happy to send you a receipt for the donation.

Wagga Wagga Cycling Club
Westpac
BSB 032769
Acc# 183981

If you or any of your members are approached by anyone attempting sell multiple track bikes and it looks bit suspicious, please get in touch with me! Photos of stolen bikes are on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wwcycleclub

King regards
James Vickers
President

Wagga Wagga Cycling Club
PO Box 5427
Wagga Wagga
NSW 2650

Return to “Conversation”