8 hour at Lithgow (Rydal) On Sunday

For the MTB and mud/dirt/rock lovers...
orphic

Postby orphic » 19 Oct 2011, 21:21

Anyone up for a lazy beer drinking team for the single track mind round at Rydal on Sunday??

AliG

Postby AliG » 20 Oct 2011, 21:52

Sounds fun! I'll be in Newcastle for the weekend, though. Good to see you've recovered from the Scott and racing again!

orphic

Postby orphic » 21 Oct 2011, 22:14

Have fun in Newy! Have you ridden much up there? Glenrock is supposed to be really cool but I haven't gotten the chance to ride there yet...

I haven't really recovered physically yet, but was really amazed at how quick mental recovery was this time. I just want to ride!! Being unemployed does help a bit though ;) Ended up finding a girl to ride with on Sunday so we're going to have a fun female pair. I'm riding the single speed too as I got it back up and running today. Good times! :)

AliG

Postby AliG » 24 Oct 2011, 20:43

How was it, Vic?
I've only ridden in Glenrock twice. It's great! Mixture of beautifully maintained tracks and rougher ones. And steep climbing if you need to practice that... Though, the best thing about it is that it's within Newcastle itself and very easy to ride to from my parents' house. Oh, and some trails have nice views of the ocean.

orphic

Postby orphic » 25 Oct 2011, 09:35

It was great! Ended up entering a pair so my lazy riding ended up being over 50km, but I took it pretty easy (except for one lap where I pinned it and nearly saw the sausage sandwich I had eaten 15 minutes prior...)

Took the "fun" bike too (the single speed) which ended up giving me wheel issues and brake rubbing issues but after that was sorted it was indeed fun ;)

It looks like I'll get to ride Glenrock as part of HuRT. Not sure how enjoyable that will be after 250+ km's of riding in my legs though!

Return to “Mountain”