New fantastic single track upgrades to the Oaks, Glenbrook

For the MTB and mud/dirt/rock lovers...
Richard

Postby Richard » 30 Jun 2014, 12:16

All

The NPWS has recently completed a fantastic upgrade to the lower section of the single track at the Glenbrook end of the Woodford to Glenbrook i.e. 'the Oaks' ride.

They have built berms similar to Mt Stromlo, as well as options for intermediate and black advanced obstacles along the route. Can be done on a hardtail or a dual suspension although a couple of the black section drop offs might be left for a dual susp.

We rode up to the helipad and back including the single track, then rode back and did the single track again. Too much fun to only do once.

Well done to NPWS and any others that were involved.

Great fun and well worth the trip.

Richard

Postby Richard » 30 Jun 2014, 12:29

Best done by starting at the Glenbrook end. There is a new carpark at the entrance to the National Park. (Note that there is now a coin machine parking meter)

You can ride up to Woodford (26km each way) and then have a great fast run back finishing with the singletrack.

There is a stinker of a steep climb back to the carpark at Glenbrook but its still the better option to start rather than Woodford.

Matt T

Postby Matt T » 02 Jul 2014, 22:35

Yep, it's great fun - I took my 13 y.o. son to the Oaks for the first time a couple of weeks back, he really had a blast on the single track, both the old section at the end of the fire trail, and the new bermy bit - and so did I. The best MTB trail in the Sydney region? Discuss.

Return to “Mountain”