Hi from Greece

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
lindsay

Postby lindsay » 28 Sep 2007, 17:09

Hi everybody... I'm in Athens. Things are going well with Anna & George's Mum, she is being released from hospital today & we're going to a hotel to feed her up & make her stronger so she can make the filght home. However that won't be for about 10 days. Also flights to Aust are very hard to get at present.

Man-oh-man what a nation of smokers... Everybody smokes, everywhere all day. The nurses smoke, the doctors smoke, the patients smoke, their visitors smoke. Not many pushies on the road, I've only seen 1 good bike rider (& he was smoking :roll: ).

See you all soon,

Lindsay.

FAswad

Postby FAswad » 28 Sep 2007, 17:50

Best wishes to her!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 28 Sep 2007, 18:34

Sorry to hear the news Lindsay.

Has someone been organised for Saturday Slowies ?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 28 Sep 2007, 22:02

Wish you a pleasant stay in Athens and enjoy the cafes. The patient should rest well in the hotel and carers should get out and do lots of exercises outdoor... The doctor's order. ;)

BTW, smoking doesn't cause heart disease nor lung cancer, Greek doctors said so. Similarly supported and substantiated by their Italian, French, Spanish and German colleagues... Cough, cough!

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 02 Oct 2007, 23:33

Hope all is well...hopefully everyone can get home soon

lindsay

Postby lindsay » 03 Oct 2007, 02:50

Thanks for the kind wishes guys... All is going well. We all went out to the tourist part of town today & we got Anna's mum walking about 1km. Tomorrow we're going on the Happy Train which takes one to all the historical sites without even having to take a foot step, how modern...

Anna's mum is ready to fly but we can't get seats. Nothing. So we're trying about 4 different angles to get a flight. Hopefully we'll be flying sometime towards the end of the week. We hope.

Simon/Tim/Kevin would you guys be able to do the rollers on Thursday again? Thanks guys.

Grant & Gillian could you do Saturday again. Thanks as well.

I hope I'll be back to resume my duties soon.

BTW I watched The Flying Scottsman on the plane going over. Very good movie.

timyone

Postby timyone » 03 Oct 2007, 09:55

im in for rollers, not sure if simon is working

the other night we had a massive rollers session, 10 sprints on the mag turbo's, then 5 or so 2 minute heart rates with sprints.

Return to “Conversation”