Waterfall Ride - 9th Jan

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Wallaby

Postby Wallaby » 08 Jan 2011, 08:00

Hoping to do my first Waterfall tomorrow. As I live near Dolls Point i'd like to pick you guys up on the way through if possible? What time would the medium paced group be going through just before Captain Cook bridge??
Hope this is OK and someone may be able to assist? Many thanks.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 08 Jan 2011, 08:26

Hoping to do my first Waterfall tomorrow. As I live near Dolls Point i'd like to pick you guys up on the way through if possible? What time would the medium paced group be going through just before Captain Cook bridge??
Tomorrow won't be the usual Waterfall bunch as "The Johnny Warren" ride to Jambarro is on which several of DHBC riders (and 100's of others) will be doing. So, Johnny Warren riders will leave Mick Mazza's at 6am. If there are any slowies or middies left to do the usual Waterfall ride, they will leave around 6.30 - 6.40. Middies usually take about 20 - 25 minutes to get to Dolls point turn off. If it rains you may see people start the Johnny Warren ride, but abort on the way to Waterfall. Look out for the sea of red jerseys and expect a lot more rider traffic than usual if the weather is good. There will be plenty of riders out you can jump on to on the way up to Waterfall.

Hung

Postby Hung » 08 Jan 2011, 09:06

if its your first ride to waterfall
its probably best to ride to marrickville
and introduce yourself to the ride leader and start with the group that way if you get a puncture etc the group will know you are with them and will hand assistance

and from dolls piont its only aprox 20 mins to ride to marrickville
Last edited by Hung on 08 Jan 2011, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 08 Jan 2011, 11:43

Hi Wallaby and welcome to DHBC. I am normally a C25's or C28's rider but tomorrow I'll be doing the Johnny Warren. I'm sure there will be some Cruisers riders though and they will be the last of 3-4 bunches (most likely 3 at this time of year). The C25's bunch takes approx. 30-35 mins to get to Captain Cook Bridge so would be there at about 7:00 - 7:05 depending on the bunch that day. The C28's bunch would be slightly faster but only just.

However, tomorrow there is a also a C25's pace adventure ride starting from Marrickville at 6:30am so the Cruisers bunches may be smaller and therefore C25's and C28's are likely to be combined (at the start anyway). see this thread >> http://dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2200 if you're interested in the other ride.

Wallaby

Postby Wallaby » 08 Jan 2011, 20:32

Many thanks Trouty, Hung & Stuart; much appreciated. I'll head into Mick Mazza's and join with everyone there. Sounds like a busy day out there tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Thanks and cheers, Rob

Return to “Conversation”