Waratahs Eastern Creek

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Peter T

Postby Peter T » 04 Feb 2012, 15:19

Masters racing tomorrow Sunday the Fifth, and on the Nineteenth of Feb at Eastern Creek. Starts at 7 am, and it looks dry!
Anyone else?

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 04 Feb 2012, 18:44

Masters racing tomorrow Sunday the Fifth, and on the Nineteenth of Feb at Eastern Creek. Starts at 7 am, and it looks dry!
Anyone else?
I'd love to Pete but I'm at the track SUnday :(. Hanging to race back at Waratah's though.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 05 Feb 2012, 10:18

I need to build k's but want to do an Eastern Creek soon. We're on coaching duty on the 19th so it will have to be the one after that. Did you race today?

Peter T

Postby Peter T » 05 Feb 2012, 19:33

Yes, raced today at 7. Frank and Ron were there too - Ron soaking up the movie star ribbings from the Bright Audax finish with charm.

Finish is the word I can't use. Effectively blew myself to pieces in the Prime sprint to lose by half a wheel at the line, or so I thought.

Turns out in the confusion of big bunches, that three from E had got away earlier in the distance. So my efforts at first was really for fourth or fifth. Not too clever!

Spent the rest of the race trying to hang on. Biggest field I have seen at the Creek.

The big change at the track is that dividing the circuit into two parts, so that it can keep up with hirers demands, has been completed.

This means that our favourite corner (Geronimo, Bombs Away, the Terminator, El Diablo etc etc) is no longer part of the action.

This will no doubt save some ambulance visits, but it sure was a great corner.

Waratah organisation was spot on and friendly as usual. Roll on the Nineteenth of February.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 06 Feb 2012, 12:12

Pete - so were the 'escapees' drafting another grade to gain ground, or did they actually ride off the front this time :shock: maybe you need to adopt the tactics of some of the other riders :wink:

Pity about turn nine - my favorite corner and a place to really make ground on the bunch (not that it ever did me any good really).

Return to “Road”