Goulburn Track Power in pictures...

For all things Velodrome
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 12 Jan 2008, 22:02

Well all I can say is it never rains in Goulburn except on race day!!! & this is the third year running!!!

Beautiful Goulburn! I must say the pre-race relaxation sleep under the tree was worth its weight in Gold....

It was 34 degrees with predicted thunderstorms which was all over the local radio. I think we were looking for the storm from the moment we arrived. Nice blue skies in this photo however...& You can get an idea on the what the original Dunc Gray track is like from this photo (that's it's name).

Pre race warm up and smile. Gees Goulburn is a nice track to ride on. Very smooth & perfectly rounded with a slight rise...

The evening began with the first round of the annual roller derby. This is one of the only opens to still promote an event such as this & it is very popular...

The new strap system got it's first real trial and passed with flying colours. This photo is just prior to the opening scratch race. We had three members of the club racing, me, Tim and Dessy Kidd. A good turn out I thought.

As per usual, grades were split by mens and masters and as such with entry levels for men, me & Tim both got put in B grade.

& we didn't do half badly either. 'If in doubt, lead it out' & I think I must of lead this one out for about 1km. But I still managed to pick up a handy 2nd in the opening scratch. So we were eating!

Next was the wheel race heats. This photo is irrelevant but I though it shows about a quarter of the level of distress the wheel race heat caused me! & I didn't even make the final. We had to work hard from the back and someone in front of me lost the wheel & I just could cover the gap and hang on too. so I came about 6th. It was a pretty average effort & I was a bit annoyed with my ride....

But just as that became an issue it started raining. & boy did it rain...

Note to self; when your trying to sell a frame and you chain it to the fence, remember to bring it in when it starts raining!

fixedgear

Postby fixedgear » 15 Jan 2008, 11:25

I ended up being placed in Masters B grade which when I should have been in C. Hung on ok in a reasonably slow paced 5 lap scratch to finish at the back of the field, but off 250m I was out of the wheelrace after 2 laps.
Goulburn is a very nice country track though, fast and safe. Pity about the weather, it was a real storm with flash flooding that hit Goulburn, the drive home as far as the Southern Highlands was interesting to say the least.

timyone

Postby timyone » 16 Jan 2008, 20:20

man thats the nicest track open!! well i like all the track ones ive been to.
every one that can race should come to them hey

Return to “Track”