Did we forget someone after our inaugural criterium?

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
weiyun

Postby weiyun » 18 May 2009, 12:08

Almost forgot amongst all the fun, pain, congrats and thank you of yesterday over our inaugural criterium at Dunc Gray, we have forgotten one person... Lindsay.

Lindsay volunteered himself out of this event to look after our regular Waterfall ride. Without this un-selfish act, our Waterfall ride yesterday would have been disorganized and unsupported.
http://dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

So I would propose,

1) A big thank you to Lindsay! I look forward to seeing Lindsay battle in our midst.

2) There be something worked out for future race days so that all can attend, not restrained by concurrent club duties. I am not sure what's practical but possibilities are... Develop a new route for the Cruisers to Bass Hill to watch and cheer the race? Rotation of ride leaders? Others option?

mcrkennedy

Postby mcrkennedy » 18 May 2009, 13:09

Well said Weiyun.

I was planning to get to the race, but ended up leaving too late to make the departure from Mick's. So I went out to Waterfall and found Lindsay and the bunch powering along the route in a very neat and orderly fashion.

Michael

lindsay

Postby lindsay » 19 May 2009, 09:49

Thanks Weiyun... When I got the race report later Sunday morning from Mike jnr (onboard Sigurd) I did feel a bit sorry for missing the event. I´m totally stoked it was such a success.

Simon suggested we bring the bunch to DGV next month. Perhaps we should notify on our home page.

Cheers,

Lindsay

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 19 May 2009, 10:17

I think it would be a great idea to bring the Cruiser bunch to DGV. As noted on our ride, traffic on the return leg wasn't heavy and would be suitable for the Cruisers. The rolling hills were mainly on residential streets and there were only one or two sections where we ended up holding back traffic due to parked cars on 2 lane roads. And it would be a great opportunity to introduce the Cruisers to criterium racing. The course is also quite good for cornering practice.

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 21 May 2009, 12:03

Simon suggested we bring the bunch to DGV next month. Perhaps we should notify on our home page.
Bring 'em! There's a nice ride back, via. the Prospect Creek cycleway and Liverpool-Parramatta rail trail. It's a bit narrow and twisty at times, but generally quite pleasant, especially the bits in Landsdown Reserve.

Return to “Conversation”