Jacqui Bogue elected to the Board of Cycling New South Wales

Club News and Announcements
JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 17 Feb 2014, 07:34

Hi All,

One of our members, Jacqui Bogue, has recently been appointed to the board of Cycling New South Wales. Here is the official statement from Phil Ayres, CEO of Cycling New South Wales:

"CNSW Appointed Director
The Board has recently ratified Ms Jacqui Bogue as an appointed Director to the Board. There had been a casual vacancy for an Appointed Director since the Annual General Meeting in May last year. As per the constitution, this will mean Jacqui will fill the position until the AGM of 2015, upon which time the Board will review the position and have the option to reappoint her for a further two years.

Jacqui is a member of the Dulwich Hill CC, with her cycling experience being relatively recent. This perspective along with her professional role as Head of Digital and Customer Insights at pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca will ensure she brings a new and different perspective to the Board group.

The Board received numerous expressions of interest from a variety of members and non-members for the role. Key in their thinking was ensuring the professional skill set of the appointee as well as their cycling experience would complement the skills and experience which currently resides at Board level. Whilst any number of applicants would have been a tremendous addition, it was considered Jacqui offered a unique and valuable perspective.

I know Jacqui looks forward to meeting club executive at various events and your delegates at the forthcoming AGM in May."

It should also be pointed out that Jacqui will be chairing the Women's Commission going forward.

Congratulations Jacqui!

Jo

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 17 Feb 2014, 08:33

Well done Jacqui!

But I do feel the need to point out that we are the Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club - not the Dulwich Hill CC. #pendantic

Jacqui

Postby Jacqui » 17 Feb 2014, 13:54

[quote="timothy_clifford"]But I do feel the need to point out that we are the Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club - not the Dulwich Hill CC. #pendantic[/quote]

I think the confusion comes about because we are one of the few bicycle clubs, most other clubs are cycle clubs.

I didn't see this announcement before it was sent to the clubs but I have amended the news item on the Cycling NSW website to be DHBC (before I saw your post). :)

PS I cant seem to get the 'quote' working on the forum. Need more practice

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 17 Feb 2014, 16:52

@Jacqui - I'm looking into why you can't use the feature. You should be able to and your syntax was correct

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 17 Feb 2014, 20:04

Congratulations Jacqui!

I can link you up to the CA Women's Commission who are starting to do a lot of good work and there's a lot to copy off the Victorians who have really got some good stuff going down there.

Jacqui

Postby Jacqui » 19 Feb 2014, 19:57

thanks Eleri. That would be great

Bec

Postby Bec » 20 Feb 2014, 09:02

Congratulations Jacqui - good luck! :)

Return to “News and Announcements”