New Start for all Club Rides from 13th of September 2014

Club News and Announcements
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 06 Sep 2014, 12:43

All,

As a club we are keen to act safe and be seen in the right light by the community.

We were finding access to the start outside The Marrick Cafe almost impossible without riding on the footpath and this is not acceptable. Of course, returning to The Marrick Cafe is possible without riding on the footpath by riding up Marrickville Road and alighting next to the Cafe. The weekend rides will continue to finish here - no change.

The club exec has therefore decided to change our start venue to the Community Square next to the Marrickville Post Cafe.

Times will remain unchanged for rides.

Please note that just for Sunday the 14th September official rides will be leaving early at 6.20am to head out to Rookwood Cemetery for our inaugural DHBC Criterium. There will be no C25 ride to Waterfall on this day - but it will be diverted to the Cemetery to either race, or watch the race.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 07 Sep 2014, 17:42

Geoff, can you advise of which route the various rides will take from the cafe? Here's my suggestions / options.

Waterfall and LaPa: Illawarra Lane can't be used to access Victoria Rd as it's no entry so must be down Silver St, left on Calvert and then right into Victoria

Slowies: It's no right turn if we ride up Illawarra Lane and right out into Illawarra so .... Walk out onto Marrickville Rd at the bus stop, clip in and then right at Illawarra?

Tue & Sat Hills: Silver St, left on Calvert and then left into Victoria. Or walk across Marrickville, down to Victoria and left?

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » 07 Sep 2014, 19:56

Perhaps all rides can leave via Silver St, left into Calvert.
Waterfall/ La Pa - right into Victoria
Tuesday/ Sat Hills - left into Victoria
Slowies - left into Gladstone, left into Marrickville Rd.
That's my 2 cents.
Have a great ride,
Peter

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 07 Sep 2014, 23:03

Thank you Stuart for suggestions - here are the routes confirmed.......

Waterfall and LaPa: Down Silver St, left on Calvert and then right into Victoria

Slowies: Walk out onto Marrickville Rd at the bus stop after checking for traffic, clip in and then right at Illawarra.

Tue & Sat Hills: Down Silver St, left on Calvert and then left into Victoria.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 09 Sep 2014, 19:38

I liked Pete's slowies idea. Kinda what happens now really.

utopia

Postby utopia » 25 Sep 2014, 17:24

http://www.dhbc.org.au/bicycle-club/rid ... point.html

shows 212 Marrickville Rd ;
update it to 276 Marrickville Rd, Marrickville, NSW, 2204, Australia?

and :

http://www.dhbc.org.au/bicycle-club/road.html
Start Point: - All rides start from outside the Marrick Cafe at 212 Marrickville Rd, Marrickville, ....

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 27 Sep 2014, 08:24

I've updated the current website with the correct start point. Le Presidente asked me to ....

Return to “News and Announcements”