2015 DHBC Christmas Party & awards night!!!!

Club News and Announcements
Camilla

Postby Camilla » 27 Oct 2015, 09:51

HOLD THE DATE!!!

The DHBC Christmas party will be on December Saturday 12 this year. The finer details are still being nutted out, so watch this space.

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 07 Nov 2015, 14:25

The finer details are half-nutted and you can now buy tickets for the party.

$10 for adults, $5 for juniors and it's at the Sydney Park Pavilion, next to the Alan Davidson Oval in Sydney Park (the place where they play cricket and AFL).

7pm Saturday 12th December.

Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club Christmas Party and Annual Awards night.

This year we will have a venue to ourselves at the Pavilion next to Alan Davidson Oval in Sydney Park. Plenty of space to park bikes.

There will be complimentary pasta from a food van and pastries. Beer and wine purchases from the bar. Entertainment from your club mates, probably a slide show, some music or something. A bunch of awards for people who have done good things racing or just other non-racing things and some stirring words from the President.

Bring your kids, bring your partner, come along for a good time. Hours of fun trying to work out who you are talking to when they are not in Lycra, you can't remember what bike they ride and you can actually see their hair.

FAQs

Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?

No but juniors under 18 years old are not allowed to drink alcohol and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Can I buy a ticket on the night?

No. We can't work out the catering if you just turn up and you'll want to eat something because you're a cyclist. That's why we put it on Eventbrite.

If you do turn up on the night without a ticket, expect to participate in considerable special pleading and you'll need a really good excuse but you still might not get fed.

What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?

Plenty of space to park bikes (bring a lock). Or catch the train to St Peters and walk 500m. Or just walk if you are within cooee of the venue. There's buses that go close to Sydney Park either along Princes Highway or up Sydney Park Road. Or, if you must drive, there's a car park on Sydney Park Road or along Euston Road.

What can/can't I bring to the event?

No Alcohol - we are selling it and Cameron (Ergo Wines) is our wine supplier and that will probably be better than anything you bring :-)

No Lycra - anyone wearing Lycra will be ridiculed unless you are a superhero or in the cast of Flashdance, in which case we will ask you to perform.

Can I do anything to help?

Yes please! If you have an RSA can you do half an hour on the bar? Help us clean up at the end of the night? Bring bonhomie and cheer? Entertain your clubmates if you have some skills in that department? Email us if you've got a great idea or can pitch in even for 15 mins during the evening.

How come it's so cheap?

The committee has decided to subsidise the Christmas Party again this year. You won't starve unless. Well you might if you don't buy a ticket beforehand.

Dave_Ranx

Postby Dave_Ranx » 12 Nov 2015, 13:41

hey eleri

i can help on the bar for a couple hours.

regards
dave

Camilla

Postby Camilla » 12 Nov 2015, 13:43

thanks Dave! Dougie will be very glad to hear it.

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 06 Dec 2015, 15:14

Reminder to get your tickets now - before it's too late and we don't get enough food for you.

Gowza

Postby Gowza » 06 Dec 2015, 15:36

Done and done! Looking forward to it - thanks guys.
Nick

Return to “News and Announcements”