DHBC Juniors News.Results

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 10 Jun 2010, 17:27

Hi everyone,

Seven riders braved the chill for training on Wednesday, but Phil's 15 lap warm up and tough sprint session soon got the cold out of their bones! Thanks Donna Bolton for excellent record keeping. :D

Noticeably absent were the "Two Hugos" who with Seamus as crowd support, took the night off for the High Schools Theatre Sports competition. Their Leichhardt High team having already got through a couple of levels, rallied in the last rounds to place equal second out of eight teams. See - the sprint training has paid off! Sadly only the top two teams moved on to the next round and there was a tie for first, but the boys say they'll be back next year bigger, better and funnier. It was a really entertaining night and much hilarity was had by all - although I would've though they could've worked some sort of cycling theme into their sketches. Well done guys! :twisted:

A Miss & Out was held for this week's point score. Sam Weller dug deep to prevail, followed by Henry, Tom, Patrick and Alexander. Do let me know if this is not correct, as I didn't see the whole race. Hannah sat out with an injury as did Bill, who was a bit under the weather - hope you're both feeling better now. Don't forget everyone who turned up gets a point, even if they had to sit out the race. Henry Baird, Hugo Venville and Thomas Cornish lead the board on 9-points each, but everyone is still in reach of a podium finish in the series. :mrgreen:

U15-U17 team pursuit training will be held Monday from 6pm. Alex Chubb is likely to be there at this stage for coaching, and we hope to have Simon Llewellyn as well. It should take about 30-minutes after warm ups. The session will concentrate on riding consistently as a team and learning the right place to swing off the front. :idea:

If it is raining I will text to cancel at about 5pm. As a general rule Monday will be cancelled if it is raining, but training will still go ahead at the usual time on rainy Wednesdays - indoors. Feel free to call or text if you're unsure.

Adolpho where are you? :?: Riders let me know if you want me to include your hotmail account on this newsletter.

Till next week - keep rolling,
Michelle Brown
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”