DHBC Juniors - Training and News

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 22 Jul 2010, 11:13

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a fantastic school holiday! We had a good roll up for Wednesday night training. Phil Kelly focused on pair sprints, producing some thrilling battles and finished with an Italian pursuit. Hugo Venville brought the winning team home in fine style. Bill and Alexander continue to impress with their determination behind the motorpace bike.

New Faces
Welcome to our potential new member Chris Hageman - who's come along with the Bolton brothers. Chris has done some basic training now and should be ready to join in with the bunch next session. Please make him welcome and help him along with track rules and riding skills. That makes two Chris's and two Hugo's - any more out there?

Clothing & Equipment
A number of members have bought club jerseys already - and don't you all look good in them! There are a few small sizes and one XL left at the discount price of $60. I'll bring them along to training if you want to try them. You might also like to invest in a DHBC water bottle. They're on sale at the track for $10. I've come by some second hand jerseys in small sizes for a song, if anyone needs a top for training see me.

Racing
The two Hugo's competed in the RAW series at Dunc Gray Velodrome on Friday the 9th of July - both had a top 5 finish in their races. Well done and good luck to Hugo Venville, who's racing again on Friday night.

Workshop?
I'm thinking of putting on a cycling mechanics workshop for the Juniors sometime soon, if there's enough interest. Let me know your thoughts.

Pursuit Training
Don't forget the DHBC Juniors U15/U17 pursuit team is training on Monday the 26th of July from 6pm. Juniors who are not yet part of the team are welcome to train, but need to be careful to make way for the team while it's working at speed.

Road Riding
I'll be at the Saturday Slowies road ride on the 7th of August to supervise any juniors who want to ride, but can't bring a parent along. We meet outside Mick Mazza's Cycle Shop on Marrickville Road just before 0630 and roll out to centennial park. You can bring a mountain bike on the ride, if you don't have a road bike. Let me know if you haven't got a suitable bike, but still want to ride, as I may be able to work something out for you. You're welcome to join the ride any other Saturday, if you bring a parent or other adult to take responsibility for you.

Finally, A big thanks to all the parents and relatives who take time to bring riders and help out with the training session. It wouldn't happen without you! Henry B, Adolpho, Caitlin, where are you?

Till next time,
Keep rolling,
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”