DHBC Juniors Training & News 11th August 2010

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 14 Aug 2010, 17:46

Hi Everyone,

Perhaps there was a bit of beginners luck, but our newest member Chris Hageman pulled out the stops to win the handicap point score race at Training on Wednesday night! Congratulations Chris, who's now on a healthy 6-points for his efforts. The bad news Chris is, you just won yourself a tougher handicap and tighter marking by the other riders next time! All good for competition and fun though. Well done to Tom Bolton and Alex Kapruziak, who were 2nd and 3rd over the line respectively. Thanks as always to Phil Kelly for a challenging and varied training session. Results are attached to the group email.

Hope to see Hannah,Patrick, Thomas and the other Southern Cross juniors back at the track next week. It was terrific to see Adolfo and Caitlin back this week too. For those of you who were wondering, Henry Baird is travelling in England, but he's expected back at the track in September.

Pursuit Training
The U15/U17 pursuit team had a solid training session on Monday. They put in a heap of work, and I must say are beginning to look much smoother and more confident. Thanks to Tim and Simon Llewellyn and the other adult riders who've been helping with their development. Tim's hint for improving technique and fitness is to put more time in on the rollers. Juniors are welcome to the "roller mania" session on Thursday nights, in the downstairs room if they want to do some extra training. Next pursuit training is on Monday the 23rd of August.

Road Riding
The Bolton family (minus Bill who was away for the weekend) Hugo Venville, and Hugo Thompson rode with Saturday slowies on the 7th of August. Tom especially enjoyed the ride (and the fruit muffins afterwards at the cafe on Marrickville Road!) Don't forget I'll be on the ride the first Saturday of every month to supervise any juniors who can't coax a parent along. You're welcome any Saturday, if you're accompanied by a parent. Ride leaves from Mick Mazza's Cycle Shop on Marrickville Road @ 6:30 am.

Upcoming Events
Some of the juniors are interested in the Sydney Spring Cycle (Sunday 17th October) and the Sydney to Gong Ride (Sunday 17th November). Follow the links below for information and registration. If there's a reasonable group, I'll join up to help with supervision and organisation. So have a think about it and let me know. Hugo Venville has also floated the idea of participating in a high school cycling competition in Victoria. I'll get the details and get back to you.

Spring Cycle
http://www.200tomorrows.com.au/BookingR ... x?ID=42018

Sydney to the Gong
http://www.gongride.org.au/

Australia's Junior Cyclists are hot hot hot at the Junior Wold Track Championships in Italy. Get some inspiration by following the link below:
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/?Page=38814

Seamus we hope you're feeling better and will be back next week. This week's medals go to Simon Bolton for assistant coaching and the handlers that made the handicap race possible for the junior riders. :D

Till next time - keep rolling,
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”