DHBC Juniors - training & News 18th August 2010

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 19 Aug 2010, 18:26

Hi All,
We seem to have angered the weather gods by our mere presence at the track on Wednesday night! So despite a strong turn out, we couldn't get a full session in. Here's the first medal of the week to Phil Kelly for his dedication to track riding, and training our members inspite of the weather. :mrgreen:

Fashion
On the brighter side we did make significant progress with housekeeping issues. Camilla Norman was able to kit-out several riders in spanking new jerseys - and don't they look good! We have a few small sizes left in the retro style jerseys available to juniors at the discount price of $60. New-style jerseys at $100 are available to try on for size at training from now on if you wish to purchase. I must say it does look terrific when you're all kitted out in the club strip. Tests conducted near universities have proven they make you go faster too!

Racing
Camilla has also checked with the cycling authorities on behalf of the juniors who are planning to start racing. Indeed, as we thought, it will be better to wait until September to upgrade to a racing licence as you will get 16-months coverage for the price of 12. Camilla is going away at the end of August, but has offered to get the paper-work and money to the Association before she leaves, so you can start racing even though she's absent. More details at training. Here's a medal for Camilla. :P

Equipment
Another person who deserves our thanks is the wonderful Lindsay - who, as always, is looking after our interests. Lindsay has got the small, but elegant "lilac" coloured bike ready to go. A chest full of clanking medals for you Lindsay! :mrgreen: :D

Entertainment
Three of our riders will soon perform in a new Australian rock musical to premiere at Leichhardt High School on Thursday the 2nd and Friday the 3rd of September at 7pm. It's called Ibrox High Voltage: the Musical, and traces the events in the days leading up to an AC/DC gig at the school hall in 1975. It's part of the school's 50th Birthday celebrations and was written by some hack called Michelle Brown. Bookings on 3560 2355. Tickets $10 Adult $5 kids and $20 families. Don't leave it too late to get your "back stage pass" to the gig, or you'll miss Hugo Venville, Hugo Thompson and Seamus O'Sullivan in this history making musical theatre event! :oops:

Pursuit Training
Don't forget U15/U17 pursuit training on Monday, and the last few RAW meets for the season Friday Nights until the end of September at Dunc Gray Velodrome, Bass Hill. Meanwhile, team Captain Hugo Venville, is urging you all to do more work on the rollers before getting onto the track, to improve your pursuit and time trial performance.

First Aid
I now have a "Ventolin" inhaler in my bag for anyone who is suffering from asthma during training. Please ask your parents to let me know if it is alright for you to use it, when you don't have you own.

Till next time,
keep singing, err...I mean rolling!
Michelle Brown
0412 442 550

timyone

Postby timyone » 19 Aug 2010, 18:54

i wouldnt mind seeing the musical, not sure if ill be free though :S is it on any saturday nights?

michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 20 Aug 2010, 11:10

Sadly no. Hope you can make it though, M.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 20 Aug 2010, 11:38

Great report and great work Michelle ... I'm sure it won't be too many years before we see a NSW junior Track team announcement with a rider from DHBC on the list.

Return to “Track”