DHBC Juniors Training & News 4th January 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 06 Jan 2011, 16:31

Happy New Year everyone!

I am pleased to report Juniors training will get underway in earnest next Wednesday, with the return of Phil Kelly. Riders from DHBC put in a good session this week though, concentrating on speed and endurance work in preparation for the U17 men's Team Pursuit titles in February. Medals to Hugo Venville who directed the training very capably. :mrgreen:

Winners
I take great pleasure in reporting wins by DHBC Juniors (& friends) in the Christmas Carnival Series. Chris Hageman got two wins in the 1 lap screamers at Dunc Gray and Tempe and took out the open scratch in the 5th and final carnival at Dunc Gray. Team captain Hugo Venville won the open scratch and the 1 lap screamer at Lidcombe and took out the Scratch and Wheel races in the 5th carnival @ Dunc Gray. Our friend Aaron Frater from Lidcombe (U19 - now training with the Seniors) took out the sprint at the same meet, adding the win to a pile of second places during the series - definitely a rider to watch! :twisted:

School Cycling Cup
We are keen to enter the 2011 Schools Cycling Cup @ Shepparton in Victoria this year. It'll include track, road, MTB and BMX events for all age groups - including novice. Follow the link for information: www.schoolscyclingcup.com.au In the coming weeks, I'll be asking DHBC Juniors if they want to enter and sorting out the logistics, which will probably include permission from their schools to attend. Please discuss it with your parents and give some serious thought to whether you want to participate and can commit fully to this event.

That's all for now,
till next time - keep rolling
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors

Return to “Track”