DHBC Juniors Training & New 9th March 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 10 Mar 2011, 15:41

Hi Everyone,
Lots of news this week and important announcements too...

Medals
First of all congratulations to the young riders from Southern Cross on their performance at the Dubbo Junior Track Open last weekend. Thomas Cornish cemented his reputation as a rider to watch with triple Gold in the U13 Time Trial, Scratch and Sprint races and brought home the Jackson Pascoe Memorial Trophy (Champion of Champions Trophy) for the event. John Trovas took Bronze in the scratch and 4th in the Time Trial and Connor Peters managed a creditable 8th in the Time Trial in a field of 17. Well done all of you.

Training
Just seven riders in the main training bunch this week, but lots of new riders coming through, learning skills on the warm up track and around the duck board.
Fastest rider in the Flying 200m was Tom Bolton, cracking the 15 second mark - well done Tom. A win to Connor Peters in the 2 Lap Derby and to Alex Kapruziak in the 3 Lap Derby. Congratulations to John Trovas, Seamus O'Sullivan and Alex K, who pulled together to defeat Connor, Tom and Liam in the Italian Team Pursuit. Thanks as always to Phil Kelly, Brian Sprouster and Donna Bolton for making it happen.

New Members
Welcome to our newest members Tallis Boerne Marcus, sisters Alison, Tess and Mia Wallace and soon, we hope, Francis Teow. It's especially great to see more girls getting a start in track cycling.

Dunc Gray
Brian Sprouster has invited DHBC Junior riders to participate in training at the Dunc Gray Velodrome Monday evenings (except for public holidays and school holidays). Younger cyclists will train from 5:15pm to 6pm for $5 and older junior riders from 6pm-7pm for $10. It's a great way to get used to riding the 250m board track, which has steeper banking than Tempe, and also improve your performance for the Racing at Winter Series and major competitions, many of which are held at Dunc Gray.

Road Racing
I will be available to accompany any DHBC Junior cyclists who wants to ride to Sutherland on Sunday Morning to watch or participate in the junior road racing, run by the Southern Cross Club. You will need to be at Mick Mazza's Cycling Shop on Marrickville Road by 6:20 on Sunday morning and know whether you are riding home with me, or being picked up. You must email me or ring me by Saturday if you want to come and have parental permission to participate. We will be riding up to Sutherland with the DHBC Slowies bunch as a warm up. If you intend to race you will need to bring your racing licence and entry fee. Details on the Southern Cross website: http://www.southerncrosscc.com.au/index.php

Licences
Everyone who obtained a Ride For All (recreational) licence last year - enabling them to participate in training on the track - should check the expiry date and renew if necessary. I will be checking all licences next week, so please bring them along or a receipt from Cycling Australia as proof your licence is up to date. You cannot ride on the track unless you have a current licence.

Virtual Medals :mrgreen:
Apart from the real medals - clinking gold this week to Lindsay Munks for helping with mechanics, Rob and Jenny Wallace and Peter Teow for helping out with the new members and Seamus O'Sullivan for making a return appearance after a few weeks off.

That's all for now,
till next time - keep rolling,
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”