DHBC Juniors Training, News & Statistics 24th August 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 25 Aug 2011, 17:55

Hi Everyone,

Great turn out for a dry, warm and still night (for once)... I can feel the magpies coming (cue ominous music). As I was mostly occupied with a new rider, I don't have the inside running on training races, but from where I stood it looked like there was plenty going on. Thanks to fantastic record keeping from Donna and Dale, I can report that Keanu :mrgreen: won the Miss & Out for younger riders (2nd and 3rd to Selina & Tallis). Medal for encouragement goes to Lizanne :oops: - hang on what age group are you in? Older riders Miss & Out saw another confident win for Bill Bolton :twisted: , with Hugo Venville 2nd and Bede Kelly 3rd - special mention to Peter and Tom who held their own well against older riders. The (somewhat chaotic) Italian Pursuit ws taken out by team: TallisDenaliJakePeterAlexBedeChris. Bello! Thanks to Phil Kelly for bringing order to our confusion and those who support him in the task! I'm still mystified by the Time Trial records from the first event, but if you rode 'em I guess you'll understand 'em!

Apologies
I forgot to unlock the far gate after I arrived a little late and had a lot of work to do to help get the Juniors on the track, and I understand this caused some hardship for one member in particular. I'm pretty sure this is the first time it has happened, but in the future if anyone notices the gate is still locked, could they bring it to my notice as soon as possible? Thanks for your help with this.

Racing
Last newsletter I mistakenly promoted the Junior National Road Competition instead of the Junior National Track Series - not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Here is the intended link:

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/default.asp?Page=43446

...Bad luck Hugo Venville it's only for U15-U17s, but looking on the bright side, I think we can mount some strong entries. Email Chris Hageman (new email address included in the Newsletters group list) to get talking if you're interested in entering. I've agreed to act as the club contact for entry purposes and support.

Road Training
Some new members have been asking about training with the DHBC road bunches, which they're welcome to do, if they have adult supervision and a "ride for all licence" at least. Details are on the DHBC website, at the link below:
http://www.dhbc.org.au/bicycle-club/road.html Juniors should be aware that in the Sunday bunches especially, they won't be allowed to ride at the front or back of the right-hand line for safety reasons.

Tools
Juniors are welcome to use the tools, pump and spares in the DHBC Juniors' kit bag, but please remember to return them to the kit bag, rather than the lock-up, and restore the original pedals to loan bikes. These are my personal tools, so I'd really appreciate your help on this one. If you're thinking of boosting your own kit bag, a 15mm spanner for wheel nuts and pedals is a great investment, as is a set of metric "hex" keys. Why not buy Dad a 15mm spanner for Father's Day, then you can borrow it - you know it's just what he wants (lol). If you'd like something fancier, ask Chris Hageman about his beautifully appointed tool kit - it's the bee's knees!

That's all for now,
Till next time - keep rolling
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”