DHBC Juniors Training News & Statistics 7th September 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 09 Sep 2011, 17:49

Hi Everyone,

Great turn out for training on Wednesday night with 17 juniors tearing up the track! We also had the excitement of a visit from David Willmott to scout for junior sprinting talent in the U15-U19 age groups. David was impressed with what he saw and has been back in contact with me already for details. I've included him in our mailing list so he can keep up with the latest! As a masters track champion Dave's experience and help will be invaluable - thanks for you interest Dave! http://www.cyclingmasters.com.au/index.php?id=119
Hope some of our most promising riders can take advantage of the opportunity. Great big shiny trophy to Jo Troutman for recommending us to Dave. :P

Hats off to Phil Kelly :mrgreen: from Southern Cross, for organising a big session while I was helping induct our newest member Taku Rogers. Welcome Taku and dad James, it's great to have both of you aboard. Taku took to the track like a duck to water - we can see bright things in his future. Do help Taku settle in if you can in any way. Great to see Thomas Cornish from Southern Cross and the Ho siblings from St George, Wesley and Selina, back too.

Training concentrated on Sprinting with Derbies and Lead Outs - finishing with starts and team time trials. Times continue to improve. New member Keanu Blunden impressed with a very fast derby win. Tom Bolton proved unbeatable in his sprint Derby. Wesley Ho from St George did the Ho family proud again with a win in his sprint and Peter Livingstone and Tom Bolton steamed home for 1st place in their respective 3 lap Lead Outs. Bill Bolton & Chris Hageman were neck and neck in the standing starts - Bill :twisted: just edging out Chris for the best times, and recording a fantastic sub12-seconds over 125m and sub 22-seconds over 250m. Alex Kapruziak continues to improve and is putting pressure on the top three consistently now. Well done to team VenvilleBboltonHageman, for an emphatic team time trial time of 51.54 over 666 metres, but not disgraced at all were team TboltonDoyleLivingstone with 57.44 over the same distance. Full result have been emailed as usual.

Racing
:idea: Chris Hageman has done a stellar job organising juniors for the up coming junior track series. It's a matter of great satisfaction to me that I'm becoming obsolete! We should be able to mount two sprint teams this season as well. Please register your interest with me at the track. As most of you will know we've already begun team sprint specific training for DHBC members on Monday from about 6pm. Ive already sent the results from last Monday as an attachment, and emailed them again with the latest newsletter, just in case anyone missed out.

That's all for now,
till next time,
Keep rolling -
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”