DHBC Juniors News Training & Statistics 11 January 2012

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 13 Jan 2012, 07:39

Happy New Year everyone!

What a great roll up for the first training session of the new year - should only get better as riders return from their Summer holidays. We started the session with warm ups and a paceline drill led off by Caitlin and finished at speed by Alison and Tess. Next a scatch race to set handicap times, won by Tess in 57 seconds over two laps with Alison just a whisker behind at 58. The 2 Lap handicap was exciting Caitlin maintained her lead after the first lap, but was baulked by a warm up rider in the home straight, allowing Zeke and Darani to cross the line first. Alison and Tess were playing cat and mouse a bit and crossed the line virtually together after Caitlin. Do let me know if I don't have that right, so I can amend the records.

Tess got her first go at a start using the gates. Good advice to all riders from Jo Troutman - look straight ahead when you start and that will keep your wheel straight when you take off. Chris Hageman and Tom Bolton also put in some Time Trial laps before we finished for the night, but the windy conditions made it hard going. Statistics have been emailed for your interest and records.

Racing
Well done to the junior riders who represented the Club in the Christmas carnival series - Tom and Bill Bolton and Chris Hageman (and Hugo Venville?) Witnesses report a strong performance, a good time had and lots of experience gained against some gun riders.

New Faces :mrgreen:
I'm travelling for the next two week, and the great news is that Collin Williamson, father of Caitlin, coach and keen rider has agreed to lead the Junior Training while I'm away. Thanks Collin! I'd be grateful if any parent who are able can help him out with record keeping, set up etc.

That's all for now,
have fun while I'm away
& keep rolling till my return!

Michelle Brown :D
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”