DHBC Juniors Training News & Statistics

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 09 Feb 2012, 16:26

Hi Everbody,

A big welcome to our newest member Dexter and our potential new member Toby! Great to see Thomas Cornish from Southern Cross and his mum Vicky back, and Jake Greirson was along too! It was also wonderful to see Jessica Llewelyn, who brought her's and Simon's "inside baby" along to say hi. Looking forward to meeting her in person in April. Taku Rogers - where are you?

A big thank you to Collin Williamson :mrgreen: who directed training, while I was helping with the new riders and to all the parents who come along to to assist, watch and lend support - it really makes things fun and worthwhile.

Medals :D to all riders for giving it their all this week, but especially to Caitlin who's made it up the bank - well done you! A second medal to all the riders who rode their first Flying 200m. Fastest time to Thomas and a huge improvement from Alison who took out the scratch race from sister Tess - we are really getting some competative performances from riders now. Riders will need to watch Darani who's improving weekly. Caitlin and Mia rode hard for 1st and 2nd in the handicap event. Full results have been emailed. Email me at trevort@bigpond.net.au if you'd like to receive them but are not yet on the list.

Best wishes to Tess Wallace who's signed on for the Junior Metro Track Competition Saturday week. I have a sneaking suspicion she'll ride beyond all expectations in the competition. In other racing news our older juniors have been doing the club proud. Here's how Simon Bolton saw their recent performances:

We went to a few of the junior champs events with Chris, Bill and Tom and they held their heads up against some very experienced and well guided opposition. There were some exciting races and a few aussie records set by a young Mr Smedley, who was most impressive. While our guys didn't break any records they did really well and the club got a few raps for bringing along some promising juniors.

In the Scratch Race Champs Bill and Chris got through the elimination heat in 4th and 5th and finished with Chris 12th and Bill 14th in the final. At the Individual Time Trial Champs Tom got 6th. Chris and Bill came 16th and 18th.

Tom also took part in the sprint champs and after taking 5th in the flying 200 he finished 8th after the match sprints. We had already left for Tassie but I gather Chris managed an impressive 8th in the individual pursuit - which he had specifically targeted.

Training
Some exciting news now... we are looking to enlist the help of a high level coach to develop the abundant talent in the DHBC Juniors. There's a little organising to do yet, but we hope in the near future to announce the details. It will most likely involve a one hour weekly coaching session between 5.30pm and 7pm of up to 12-riders. There would be an additional charge for the training, but from preliminary discussions this is likely to be very reasonable. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Planning
I'll be at training next Wednesday but am taking a weeks holiday the week after. Collin will be coaching while I'm away. I would like to hold a planning meeting with parents on my return - to set our course for the year ahead. We'll announce the date and time in next week's newsletter.

That's all for now,
till next time - keep rolling
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”