DHBC Juniors Training , News and Statistics 21 march 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 23 Mar 2012, 20:13

Hi All,
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy renovating

Firstly, congratulations to Simon and Jessica for the birth of their daughter. Another junior of the future.

Secondly, recapping last week's newsletter

Next Wednesday night starting at 6pm, the DHBC Juniors BBQ.

For DHBC Riders their family and friends from other clubs to celebrate a great season and acknowledge our achievements. Come along for a sausage sandwich, salad and goodies. Please RSVP by return email so we know how much food to get. There'll be informal discussions to plan the year ahead for DHBC Junior Track Training, so the more parents that can attend the better! No need to prepare dinner this night - eat at the track then go home and relax!
Junior Track Captains
Nominations are now open for the DHBC 2012 Junior Track male and female Captains. These positions are open to any Junior Members with leadership qualities who are willing to help fellow riders get the most from their track cycling whether racing or training for fun, and who can lead by example. We'll be sending letters to their School Principals to acknowledge their election

26 April DHBC AGM 8pm

The Annual General Meeting of the Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club will be held beneath the Canterbury Velodrome (Tempe Track). All members are welcome to attend. We will be calling for nominations for the following executive positions and encourage all members to think about their ability to contribute to the club:
President,Vice-President.Secretary,Treasurer,Public Officer,Track Captain,Road Captain.

And now to the training session

An excellent night for a roll around the track, we had a good turnout with 7 DHBC juniors, 5 riding, and Thomas Cornish from Southern Cross. Good to see Tess back and able to ride in a week or two. Caitlin too tired after a day of AFL. And Alison getting used to her new bike

We started with a few warn up laps, then Alison, Toby, Francis and Mia participated in a great paceline session and Dexter practiced starting from the fence. Mia had borrowed a pair of shoes from Lizanne. This gave her the advantage in the sprint for the last lap followed by Alison, Francis and Toby.
We then moved to the Flying 200. Francis went first, note: 2 feet better than 1, 1.5 secs faster. Good times by all rides Thomas, followed by Francis, Alison, Mia, Toby and Dexter. Next was a scratch race, Mia was under instructions from her father, Rod, the go from the start. This tactic paid off with Mia coming in second to Thomas, followed by Alison, Francis and Toby.

We finished off the session with an Individual pursuit, Alison coming home before Francis, Mia and Toby and then Thomas v Lizanne, I'm still confused by their times as I thought Lizanne just bet Thomas but the stopwatches reverse the placings.

See you Wednesday at the BBQ

Colin Williamson 0423 139 496 & Michelle Brown 0412 442 550

rhys

Postby rhys » 23 Mar 2012, 20:58

I like getting there a little early for 'seniors' training and watching them ride. I wish I'd started at that age!

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 26 Mar 2012, 07:42

We have an awesome bunch of Jr's. I love riding with them, teaching them tricks while and i still learn new stuff every week too.

patn

Postby patn » 26 Mar 2012, 07:53

Yeah Ive also noticed the juniors improving at a rate of knots!

Return to “Track”