Track program for Rio

For all things Velodrome
patn

Postby patn » 08 Aug 2012, 08:44

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-to- ... mpic-games

Thoughts?

Personally if there were 3 endurance medals I wouldn't know what to pick... team pursuit is one
of the coolest events in the whole olympics, so it would have to be there. drop the omnium which
just sucks (i think), but then what to do with the last two choices? I love watching the madison, so
maybe team pursuit, individual pursuit and madison? or is having two pursuits a little repetitive?

timyone

Postby timyone » 08 Aug 2012, 09:40

I'd be up for point or scratch race, it's less likely to be the one country, I like the Madison though

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 08 Aug 2012, 17:42

Drop the omnium. Bring back the points and madison. ITT is a little boring to watch

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 08 Aug 2012, 21:32

I think they should have the team pursuit, Madison & omnium.

However the omnium should be a team event in which each country can elect a maximum of one rider per event, with riders allowed to ride more than one event if they like. It would not only allow a lot more track riders to ride the Olympics but bring back the importance of the kilo, pursuit & points race as individual events without allocating individual medals. & also mean the pursuit & kilo would matter again at state, nationals & world championships & would mean that track could have a lot more events without increasing the amount of medals.

Karzie

Postby Karzie » 09 Aug 2012, 08:40

yeah, it's crazy the number of events and competitiors in swimming compared to cycling isn't it? Yet, they seem to always have to build a velodrome where before there was none.

Return to “Track”