Hey hipsters, where the track are you? LACC

For all things Velodrome
bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 24 Jan 2014, 09:52

So, we've been running for two weeks now on the marvelous new Wyatt Park surface, and there has been exactly 0 red jerseys down there.

Last week we had excellent fields in C and D grades, B grade was OK, but we really need some more A graders - and I know there are some good ones at DHBC (you won't believe how much that cost me to admit).

Here's some incentive for you:

THIS WEEK - Free entry for all hipsters (and non-hipsters). We're putting up cash for each grade, so you could walk away with infinity percent return on your investment of nothing.

NEXT WEEK - Brownie and Macca (Andrew McLean from Parra) will be coming out to race for a few Friday nights. They're keen to take on our top guns, like Nash Kent, and they're also quite keen for a Madison. For the typical LACC track rider, Madison is what rich idiots name their daughter, so we won't be able to put up a huge field (maybe one team), but inner city folk are well known for their love of hand holding and passing over the top, so I'd love if you could come down and show us a thing or two. (I'm serious, we need some help. Come and teach us).

JUNIOR METROS - February 15th. Kids, come and practice.

AFTER JUNIOR METROS - There will be an adult open after the kids have finished. Basically, we'll be running a half-omnium with a scatch race, points race and elimination (that's the half omnium part) and then a wheel race.

Come and play.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 24 Jan 2014, 10:35

What day of the week, start time?

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 24 Jan 2014, 12:21

Friday nights. Juniors from 6:30 Snrs from 7:30.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 24 Jan 2014, 20:37

Do we get a rain check?

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 24 Jan 2014, 23:19

Well, the rain stopped our Australia Day celebration at the track, and Mike asked for a rain check, so...

Celebrate the culture that manufactured your Italian bike - Chinese New Year at Wyatt Park! Kung Hei Fat Choy (trans. ride your bike fast).

FREE ENTRY - DOUBLE PRIZE MONEY JACKPOT

Several A graders from around the traps have said they will be there next week, so it should be on for young and old.

If there are enough people interested, there will be a MADISON! We need some DHBC Madi riders, come and help us out.

Juniors from 6:30. Seniors from 7:30.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 31 Jan 2014, 16:45

Hipsters?

Where?

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 01 Feb 2014, 15:19

There were 3 there last night. And one LACC member wearing Rapha. That's 4.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 01 Feb 2014, 18:18

Bro rode D grade and showed he had some good speed. Had Crafty to race.

John was in C grade and walked away with $20 for 3rd for the evening?, which paid for the sausage rolls. Saw him go for a breakaway with one other rider in one race

I put myself in B grade, but I did think about going C having done a spin class at 6.15am then another at 5.30pm prior. Got 3rd in the scratch race. Stuffed up the derby getting myself caught at the back. 5th in the graded handicap (split into 2 groups, 5 on scratch including me and 4 in the group with about 1/2 handicap).

Last event was the italian pursuit. You ride a long way when a lap is about 425mtrs (BFV can correct me on the distance) and there's 15 riders a team. There was a noticeable kick in speed when John was on the front. Browne was last rider in my group. The Crafty/John/Mike/Browne team lost out to Bro's team

jcaley

Postby jcaley » 01 Feb 2014, 20:37

There were a LOTS of kids starting from toddlers on miniature BMX through three junior grades to a seniors E grade for the faster juniors. .(no fat old nen allowed ). I reckon DHBC juniors would really enjoy it. Crafty actually raced C grade. lts a very relaxed evening. The new surface is oh so smooth and they've rounded the two corners a bit. They had a learning madison at the end with a rookie on each pair.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 02 Feb 2014, 22:44

The madison was great. We only have one or two trackies who have ridden madisons, and they're off doing road stuff at high levels, so we have no one to teach us. Fortunately, Crafty, Brownie and Macca did a masters/apprentice madison with two LACC riders and a Marconi lad. Here's how the conversation went between Crafty and Phil Eyke, who has been racing for 3 weeks.

Crafty: Have you ever ridden a madison?
Eyke: No
Crafty: Have you ever seen a madison?
Eyke: No, but I did look it up on Wikipedia.
Craft: Great, you can be my partner.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 03 Feb 2014, 20:13

Some video's from last Fridays racing

B Grade Scratch Race

Italian Pursuit part 1........Italian Pursuit part 2

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » 07 Feb 2014, 23:59

Great to see so many red devils out there tonight. DHBC did a clean sweep of D grade, taking home all of the prize money. Chubbsy did his best against the other A graders, but LACC were too good for him. He needs some support out there, so send more A graders.

The Madison was excellent. Thanks for helping our boys learn, it's a discipline we want to get better in and who better to help us than you?

A great night tonight with some very tight racing.

BTW - don't forget the LACC open event after the metros (check CNSW site, entries accepted on the day as well). That's hot track racing on Friday and Saturday night next week. Bring your Valentine and celebrate.

steliop

Postby steliop » 13 Feb 2014, 20:35

Here are some photos from last week.

Old and new jerseys in a Madison:

Some other random shots:

http://reheatimages.smugmug.com/General ... 4/n-kbxrW/

Stel

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 14 Feb 2014, 07:38

Awesome photo Stelio, I've just got to photoshop out the hanging bit of my helmet strap now :)

steliop

Postby steliop » 14 Feb 2014, 08:09

Chris Denton took the photo. His photos are amazing.

He'll be taking photos at Junior Metros. Hopefully he'll stick around and take a few at the LACC Track Open on Saturday night.

Stel

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 14 Feb 2014, 15:19

Sydney Junior Metros for tonight have been postponed due rain. Now scheduled for 21 February.

Return to “Track”