DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 16 July 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 18 Jul 2014, 17:19

Hi All,

Just a sort note this week

We had 18 riders on a clear but cool night. Remember to bring warm cloths as it’s going to get colder as winter sets in.

Welcome to Finn and Oscar for their first time trying the track. Lizanne working with them on the warm up track while I ran the main session

We started the session with a 15/12laps paceline the then Pairs drill with one rider leading and the other rider trying to stay on the first rider’s hip as the speed varied. Each pair riding 6 + 6 laps swapping lead riders.

Next, Keirin’s of the fence with Lizanne as the Derny. The first race over 8 laps the 2.5 without the Derny. An extremely close race with Max a type width ahead of Zanzi, Rohan ½ a bike behind then Sarah and Alison. The second race over 6 laps saw Adrien ahead by 10m to Eadyn then Will and Rosie. Last race was another close finish with Genevieve closely followed by Mia and Caitlin and then Xavier. Great racing by all.

We had enough time for an Italian. The team 1 consisting of Zanzi, Rohan, Adrien, Eadyn, Alison, Will and Caitlin vs team 2 with Lizanne, Sarah, Max, Rosie, Mia, Genevieve, and Xavier. As the race progressed team 1 pulled away to a ½ lap lead but Max, Sarah and Lizanne close the gap, finishing only 30m behind

Then a short time for some warm down laps

Upcoming events

RAW, on again this Friday night. Warm up from 6:30, racing starts 7:05.
There has been some great results with Sarah second in Div 5, not far behind are Zanzi, Ruby, Max and Francis. Taku is fighting it out in Div 4, Bro is 6th in Div 3 and Tom Bolton in Div 1. Hope you’re all having fun and keep up the good work.

National Junior Track Series
Rd1 – Sydney, Oct 4 & 5
Rd2 – Melbourne, Nov 15 & 16
Rd3 – Launceston, Dec 5 & 6
Rd4 – Adelaide, Jan 16 & 17

This is open to all under 15, 17 and this year first year U19 women. Could those interested, please let me know so I can start to organise the entry and teams. The closing date for Rd1 is the 15th Aug. We should have about 17 eligible riders in these age groups for the 2015 season so that’s 3 fullish teams of 6.

Road
Lots of road events filling the calendar for those wish to participate. I’ll have created a road thread, here, on the forum soon for event’s, news, results and race reports. Last weekend Taku and Max post great results at the Junior Road Metro’s hosted by Southern Cross CC. Next is the Tamworth 2 Days Tour, is on the weekend of the 26th.

On September 13 , DHBC will be holding a junior club crit at Rookwood cemetery. More details closer to the date.

House keeping
It’s that time of year to start the selection process for the 2015 junior track captains, both men’s and women’s. Could I have some nominations please.

Birthdays
No Birthdays this week.

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”