DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 20August 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 22 Aug 2014, 11:31

Hi All,

Again we had a break in the rain and a dry track to train on.
We had 14 riders with only a couple from the early session so I got everyone on the track after they had warmed up on the rollers.

Welcome back to Mica.

Starting the session with a 15 lap paceline, and 10 laps for some stragglers.

The first drill of the night was a Flying Lap. The group riding around above the blue line with one rider taking a flying lap each time the group came out of corner 4. Each rider getting two goes at their flying lap

The second drill was Fox ‘N’ Rabbit. The boys being the foxes and girls the rabbits. The foxes had to catch the rabbits two times.

The third drill was another flying lap, this time most riders did a flying 2 laps.

Lastly, scratch races. First race with Mia, Will and Caitlin over 5 laps. This started slowly, with 2 laps to go the pace increased and on the final lap it was neck and neck for all three riders. Mia crossed the line first, then Caitlin and Will, all within a ½ bike length.
In the second race, over 8 laps, with Alison, Tess, Eadyn, Adrien and Rohan. Alison made a break early but was caught a lap to 2 later. Rohan and Adrien then broke away from the group with about 2 laps to go, leaving Tess and Eadyn. Another close finish we Rohan just pipping Adrien on the line, ¼ lap behind Tess pulled away from Eadyn to come home 3rd, Eadyn then 4th followed by Alison.
The last race between Taku, Sarah, Sabastian and Ruby was over 10 laps. Taku pulled away after 5 laps and steadily increased his lead crossing the line first. Sarah, Ruby and Sebastian worked together to not drop too far behind. Sarah crossed second after dropping Sebastian. Unfortunately Ruby had to withdraw.

Finishing the session with a 5 minute warm down for all.

Upcoming events

RAW, on again this Friday night. Warm up from 6:30, racing starts 7:05. Only 4 more weeks to go
There has been some excellent results. The latest update of results. Max lead Div 5 with Ruby and Rohan equal 4. Sarah now 4th in Div 4 with Zanzi 11 and Taku 12 in Div 4. Bro 2 in Div 3 by 3 points to first place.

National Junior Track Series
Extra training will be held 2-4 this Sunday for those involved.

Road
Lots of road events filling the calendar for those wish to participate. I’ll have created a road thread, here, on the forum soon for event’s, news, results and race reports. The next event being the Telstra Tour of Sydney (TToS).

For those not riding the TToS, on September 14 , DHBC will be holding a junior club crit at Rookwood cemetery. More details here and entries/signup list here.

Session opening BBQ
To celebrate the start of the 2015 track season and announce the new track captains. The BBQ will be on Sept 10. I bring the snags, rolls and some drinks. You can being a plate to share.

Birthdays
One Birthday this week, Happy Birthday to Alison. Hope you a great day

I’m away next week so I’ll see you all next month, September 3

Colin

Return to “Track”