Heffron 31 July 10

Road cycling & upcoming rides
paul

Postby paul » 01 Aug 2010, 18:18

Two DHBC riders in D-Grade. Il presidente and myself.
Il presidente launched an attack on the sixth lap.
Myself and two Randwick riders went as well and we got a good gap.

One of the Randwick riders was dropped after about two more laps, so it it was Geoff, Randwick and myself to fight out the places.
Geoff attacked from the pimples on the last lap. I thought it probably wasn't a good idea to chase down the club president when he was going for a win.
Alas, the headwind did for il presidente's solo effort, but I got the Randwick rider in the sprint.
So 1st and 3rd for Dulwich Hill.

Does this mean I have to ride C Grade now?

One other DH jersey in B or C.

Paul

timyone

Postby timyone » 01 Aug 2010, 19:06

nice report!! sounds like some nice racing!! and really good tactice to let one go, and the second rider sit on the other team guy!!! nice team work lads!! and great work Geoffe for setting all that up!!!
Umm i think you only really totally have to go up a grade if you win three weeks, but if you can hammer the grade you should move up, do you feel like you can win it easily? or try and win again to see? it is good to enjoy winning while you can, and to learn how to do ith through the grades.

HurtsLikeJens

Postby HurtsLikeJens » 01 Aug 2010, 19:15

It was a good afternoon of racing, and while I wasn't out there on a bike it was good to watch from trackside, albeit behind the lens of the camera.

If the mods don't mind a bit of blatant self advertising I'm happy to post a link to where the images are online... Special rates for DHBC, naturally.

williamd

Postby williamd » 01 Aug 2010, 21:03

Great work Paul and Geoff.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 01 Aug 2010, 21:24

Was a great race and Paul and I worked well together testing the buch out to see who we could throw off. As it was quite windy, once spat out the back, they just disappeared into thin air!

There were only 7 but in the wind we still managed a healthy 33.7km per hour so the pace was good, and few places to hide.

After getting rid of three, we had two guys left. Paul and I were doing all the work, and I went back and asked one if he was going to work and he said he was totally stuffed. An evil thought then came to mind, and I rode up to Paul and said lets attack again, and we will lose the dude behind us for sure, and maybe the other dude.

So after ridding the next one, we just couldn't get rid of the last who managed to stick to us. He was stuffed, but regained composure and did a good lap at a hard pace in front.

Pity we couldn't shake him, but it was a definite DHBC tactical team effort for most of the race, getting one of us across the line first.

Was great fun. Hope my partner in crime stays in D grade a bit longer.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 01 Aug 2010, 21:27

It was a good afternoon of racing, and while I wasn't out there on a bike it was good to watch from trackside, albeit behind the lens of the camera.

If the mods don't mind a bit of blatant self advertising I'm happy to post a link to where the images are online... Special rates for DHBC, naturally.
I'm not a mod, but we often check out the commercial photos from other sites after races, so go ahead and put up the link.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 01 Aug 2010, 22:24

i was the B grader. i was already in Maroubra for rugby which i had feeling was going to be cancelled so i took all my gear and rode from the field to Heffron.

B grade report is that the field was smashed by 4 Carvello guys who were working for the 5th team member. After they split the field the 4 sat up and retired and let the break of 6 fight it out. We chased for over half the race and didn't even look close to catching. Race average was close to 38 in the end.

Mat i am looking forward to the photos, hopefully see you at some more of the races so we can get some great DHBC race faces.
Last edited by Michael Chidgey on 01 Aug 2010, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 01 Aug 2010, 22:27

sorry Mat i had to post this. Geoff the next TDF winner.

http://www.cochinos.us/Velocity_Media/Home.html

HurtsLikeJens

Postby HurtsLikeJens » 01 Aug 2010, 23:58

My site is www.cochinos.us though for a direct link;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/velocityme ... 621344284/

I will be out at as many races as I can get to. My business focus is motor sport, though an avid cyclist I am just as keen on bikes. Will be out at the state road champs next weekend, and if time allows hope to be back at Heffron for the afternoon.

micklan

Postby micklan » 02 Aug 2010, 19:51

Great racing and indeed are you shooting the other riders tyre... :lol:

Return to “Road”