Waratah Masters Eastern Ck - Sun 11th Mothers Day 7:00am

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Stuart

Postby Stuart » 07 May 2014, 19:25

What used to be the Eddie Salas Mothers Day Cup is now just another Waratahs race day at Eastern Creek using the full 4k GP circuit

Trouty is making her return to crit racing in D grade and I'm on the start line too, hoping to play the domestic role - 7:00am start time for all grades.

It would be great to see some other red jerseys out there.

Dave

Postby Dave » 08 May 2014, 15:23

This sounds like fun. Myself and Matt T raced there a while ago in D grade - unlike Matt, they didn't feel the need to promote me. I'll see you there.

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 08 May 2014, 19:24

D Grade? You Burgling now Jo?

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 08 May 2014, 20:12

D Grade? You Burgling now Jo?
Trouty hasn't raced crits (or anything really) for a year following her hand injury ... I think she deserves to go down a grade for her return :-)

Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 09 May 2014, 08:20

Too early this week. I'll be at the airport dropping the missus off. Could have made the normal B Grade start.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 12 May 2014, 15:36

A beautiful morning out at Eastern Creek. Contra to the advertised full track, we were only using the short track which cuts out the hills and shortens a lap to about 2k's (there was some event on the other part of the track). Although as the track was wet, not having to make the fast downhill right hand turn nine was probably a good thing.

D grade saw Trouty, Dave & myself front the starter with Keith in C and Craig in B grade.

The pace was pretty slow at the start so Trouty got on the front and did some work but with no hill at all it was a pretty leisurely race. Trouty and I stayed mostly near the front of the 20 strong bunch and I did a couple of laps on the front trying to up the pace. As the hour mark approached (race length 60 mins + one lap) the bunch slowed right down and Dave found himself off the front as the Waratahs riders went to sleep, expecting two more laps to the bell.

Instead we got belled at the 57 min mark and the last lap saw me on the front with Trouty on my wheel but she got pushed off by the blokes and coming up turn 12 for the last time I was still on the front but slowed when I should have given it everything to try to shake some of the sprinters off. Trouty got a wheel and was well positioned but once again got pushed off and Dave spent what seemed like an age in the wind and just missed a place in 4th, Trouty was 7th and a 9th for me.

D Grade Finish >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHiYi8hHag

Eastern creek is a great place to try crit racing as its wide and safe. Hopefully next time we’ll be using the full track.

Gowza

Postby Gowza » 12 May 2014, 18:47

Love the video! Good report and glad you enjoyed it.
Nick

Return to “Road”