Dulwich Hill Racing 2015 plans, EoIs

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Eleri

Postby Eleri » 18 Jan 2015, 13:50

We are putting together the Dulwich Hill race team for the year. The team will contest 3 (National Road Series) NRS races and a number of country events.

7 March Orica Kermese
28 March NSW Criterium Championships
11 April NSW Hill Climb Championships
Bathurst Criteriums
12 April Blayney to Bathurst (B2B Gold)
9 May Cootamundra Handicap
28-31 May Battle on the Border (NRS)
31 May Ken Dinnerville Memorial Handicap
6 June Sydney Road Titles
20 June Keegan Downer Handicap
21 June Gunnedah to Tamworth
18 July NSW Club Time Trial
19 July Nowra to Sassafras
26 July John Woodman Handicap
28 July – 2 August Tour of the Murray (NRS)
1-2 August Mudgee Open Road Race
22 August Cootamundra Classic
18-20 September National Capital Tour (NRS)
26 September NSW ITT Championships
27 September Goulburn Great Dividing Range Race

You might think - why do I care about this? As a large club we have a responsibility to the 45 juniors currently training and racing on the track and who want to progress to the road. But while there are opportunities for young juniors, there's not much for older juniors and we can provide a pathway if we have a race team.

With DHBC’s U23 and U19 riders performing well at state level and a growing cohort of U17 and U15 junior riders coming through it's important that DHBC contributes to the future of Australian cycling. Everyone of our strong international riders came up through clubs as juniors, talent was identified and they got access to training. But they also got access to domestic racing at a top level - that's the experience you can't get racing at Heffron.

This is the 3rd year of our NRS team and we've learned a lot along the way. One thing we know is that we need the support of the club and we've thought up a bunch of ways that can happen.

Last year I got to be the Directeur Sportif for the NRS team in Canberra. Best of all I got to drive the team car in the convoy, complete with race radio. This was awesome fun and the closest I will get to an experience like participating in the TdF. Expressions of interest are open for this role are here. And if you aren't up the thrill of driving on closed roads, at speed and sometimes very slowly, and being confident for cyclists to draft off the back of the car - then put your hand up to be a soigneur / radio operator in the car.

Of course if you want to contribute to the huge cost that running a team involves, feel free to chuck some $$ towards the team. We'll find a way to reward you :-) Seriously though - we want this to be a success and to give our promising juniors a start.

If you are interested in racing on the team - either as a contracted rider or as a guest rider, then email or DM Team Manager Christian Lees before 26 January.

Return to “Road”