KOM Cyclery Series Race at West Head tomorrow

Road cycling & upcoming rides
wallman

Postby wallman » 15 Mar 2008, 09:18

Is anyone thinking of heading out to this? I'm going to give it a shot rather than go to Heffron this arvo.
matt

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 15 Mar 2008, 09:41

What's the details on it?

wallman

Postby wallman » 15 Mar 2008, 12:41

wallman

Postby wallman » 16 Mar 2008, 11:01

Well this was a fairly interesting morning...arrived at sign-up to be told that there was no D grade available and I'd have to race C. I was then fairly surprised to see 10 or so D-graders head off just before they let C grade go. Anyway C grade pace was fairly easy, so easy in fact that I had to ask one bloke if we were still in the neutral section of the race or if we had in fact started. It turns out we were actually racing at that point and sure enough the pace ramped up a bit and we were soon shedding the odd struggler. About a third of the way in the bunch split and I was at the pointy end when I managed to drop my chain. And that was that. It took me a minute or so to get it back on but they had hammered it in the meantime and although I hooked onto a couple of droppees for a bit I soon dropped them and spent the rest of the race burying myself but getting nowhere. So all in all it was a significant improvement on February's effort when I got to the start only to discover that I'd forgotten my shoes but I think there's still some way to go before I could say that I've given this one my best shot.

Eugen was in the sprint for A grade but got crowded out; apparently places were taken by a couple of guys who went over onto the wrong side of the road...tsk tsk.

This race is worth a look though. If you're keen on the Heathcote-Waterfall stretch of the Sunday ride and have found yourself wishing that it had more hills and that those hills were about twice their current size then this is the race for you. Just bring your shoes, and maybe a chain keeper thingy.

Kieran

Postby Kieran » 18 Mar 2008, 20:37

Yeah this is a really good race, I was at the last one and wanted to go this time, but had to work. When is the next one I will come for sure.

wallman

Postby wallman » 19 Mar 2008, 07:34

The next one's on the 30th March. It's also the Northside Road Championship race...not sure how that will affect the standard.

Return to “Road”