CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS! Sydney Classic Bicycle Show, Sat 23.3

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 07 Feb 2013, 21:10

Hello everyone.
The Sydney Classic Bicycle Show appears to be flying along really well. Check out our Facebook page - 'Sydney Classic Bicycle Show'.
At the moment things seem to be falling into place quite nicely and am now looking for people who can help out on the day, Saturday 23rd March 2013, between 11am and 6pm.
I will need people to help out in the following areas:

1. Helpers to oversee the Swap Meet Stalls. Not that many people are needed at any one time, but good to have one or two people, maybe rostered for up to 1 or 2 hours each, who can provide assistance and do crowd control duties in the Stall area.

2. Helpers to oversee the Concourse area. This will be in the green oval inside the track area. Access will largely be through the tunnel. These people will need to police the area, mainly making sure no one makes away with valuable bikes or parts which don't belong to them. Also need to assist with crowd control along the periphery of the track. They will have to make sure people don't stray onto the track when the DHBC riders do their track demo races.

3. We will need people to run the BBQ refreshments kiosk too.

If you are willing to help, please email Marc at marc@hwy.com.au or just PM 'marc2131' on this forum.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 17 Feb 2013, 14:09

Volunteers so far:

Lizanne W (both Concourse and Swap meet stalls)
John J (Concourse)
Svetlana (both Concourse and Swap meet stalls)
Karzie (video)
Roger W (Concourse)
Timothy Clifford (photos)
Eleri (anything except cooking sausages)
Camilla
Stuart (anything really)

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Feb 2013, 07:48

ok I am in for helping some how, or how ever how?

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Feb 2013, 07:55

oops, will pm!

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 18 Feb 2013, 08:05

Volunteers so far:

Lizanne W (both Concourse and Swap meet stalls)
John J (Concourse)
Svetlana (both Concourse and Swap meet stalls)
Karzie (video)
Roger W (Concourse)
Timothy Clifford (photos)
Eleri (anything except cooking sausages)
Camilla
Stuart (anything really)
Tim Llewellyn

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 05 Mar 2013, 07:08

Hi all,
So far have 10 volunteers. But we are short on crowd control people. Would be good if we had another 5 more for crowd control.
We also need 2 cashiers. One to handle registrations and another to help Sasha (M'ville Rd Cafe) at his stall.

4 will have specific tasks:
Karzie on the video camera.
Roger W as a judge in the concourse event
JohnH as a judge in the concourse event
Timothy Clifford on photography
Eleri on BBQ
Stuart on BBQ

The only people we have doing info and crowd control are:
Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 05 Mar 2013, 08:19

Can I please not do BBQ? I'd rather be a cashier please.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 05 Mar 2013, 08:30

Can I please not do BBQ? I'd rather be a cashier please.
We still need 1 more cashier. A few more hands on the BBQ and people to help out with crowd control.

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » 05 Mar 2013, 10:31

Marc,
Happy to offer my help.
Peter Bownes

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 05 Mar 2013, 13:23

We still need 1 more cashier. A few more hands on the BBQ and people to help out with crowd control.

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 07 Mar 2013, 07:29

UPDATE

We still need 1 more cashier. A few more hands on the BBQ and lots to help out with crowd control.

7 will have specific tasks:
Lindsay M as a judge in the concourse event and interviewer on camera (with Karzie)
Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 07 Mar 2013, 07:36

Ben said i could drag him along, and he would be able to help out. (BBQ preferred, but not all day)

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 07 Mar 2013, 07:42

UPDATE

We still need 1 more cashier. A few more hands on the BBQ and lots to help out with crowd control.

Lindsay M as a judge in the concourse event and interviewer on camera (with Karzie)
JohnJ as a judge in the concourse event
Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ
Ben on BBQ (and if needed crowd control)

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 07 Mar 2013, 11:58

UPDATE

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 09 Mar 2013, 09:08

UPDATE

We still need 1 more cashier. A few more hands needed for crowd control.

9 will have specific tasks:
Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ
Dougie is MC and Announcer

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul

pia

Postby pia » 09 Mar 2013, 11:36

Sign me up for crowd control Marc.

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul
Pia

tedrobin

Postby tedrobin » 10 Mar 2013, 09:56

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul
Pia
Ted

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » 10 Mar 2013, 09:59

If I want to run around with a camera taking photos of literally everyone and everything will I be allowed to?

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 10 Mar 2013, 10:11

If I want to run around with a camera taking photos of literally everyone and everything will I be allowed to?

Only if you also help out with crowd control :D
Of course u can take snaps. If there are any good ones, can we have them too?

AndrewBurns

Postby AndrewBurns » 10 Mar 2013, 10:44

Of course, I'll help with crowd control if I get to take bribes and abuse my power :p

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 10 Mar 2013, 13:55

Thanks Andrew!

UPDATE

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

We have 9 people doing info and crowd control:
Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul
Pia
Ted
AndrewBurns (with camera)

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 11 Mar 2013, 08:32

Thanks Juliet!

UPDATE

9 will have specific tasks (set up starts from 11am or earlier):
Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

We have 10 people doing info and crowd control (turn up at velodrome from 11.30am):
Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul
Pia
Ted
Juliet

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 20 Mar 2013, 06:54

Hi vollies

You guys know who you are – see previous post. I will be notifying some people, but I dont have email addresses for all, so hope you get to see forum notice.

The bike show is panning to be very large event. We have approximately 40 bicycles for the Concourse event alone. Security will be paramount here. We have asked concourse bike owners to be responsible for their own bikes. However as a precaution we have asked people to cable tie their bikes in strategic spots to discourage theft ie. tieing wheels to frame.

All the activity will be in the green oval inside the track. There will be only 2 entries/exits. The underground tunnel and the small gate at the stand which opens to the track.

The underground tunnel will be open at all times, however the small gate on the stands leading out onto the track, will be closed during the track demo races.

All food stalls will be located at the spectator stands only. This will include 2 BBQs and a cafe. The Cashier will be Eleri and she will be located on the stands at all times.

Send all people who need to pay for their $10 Concourse registration or $5 Swap Meet stall rego to Eleri on the spectator stand.

The Concourse event will be held in the green oval along with the Swap Meet stalls. Most stall holders, but not all, will be housed under marquees. This will be a first come, best dressed situation. We have several tables but not enough for everyone. If sellers arrive after all good spots have been taken, they'd have to make do.

All registration fees are to be paid to the cashier (Eleri) who will be located at the spectator stands with the food stalls and cafe.

Toilets are located at the spectator stands.

All Crowd Control vollies should be vigilant for anyone walking off with bicycles. You will be provided with a list of concourse participant's names and if you need further verification, please contact John Johnson or I.

I am confident all will go well on the day. Thanks for helping out and here's to a good day.

Thanks all,
Marc

--------------------------------------------------

The agenda for the day:

11am to 12.00 Sellers, Concourse competitor and
food stall set up
12.00 to 4.45pm Swap Meet stalls open
12.20 to 12.30 Welcome and welcome to country by MC and/or someone from DHBC exec comm.
12.45 to 2pm Judging of Concourse event
1pm to 2.30pm Various track demonstration races
3.30 to 4pm Announcement of Concourse event
winners and prize presentation
4.40pm Closing announcements and thank yous.
5.00pm End.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 20 Mar 2013, 07:20

BUMP....

Hi vollies

You guys know who you are – see previous post. I will be notifying some people, but I dont have email addresses for all, so hope you get to see forum notice.

The bike show is panning to be very large event. We have approximately 40 bicycles for the Concourse event alone. Security will be paramount here. We have asked concourse bike owners to be responsible for their own bikes. However as a precaution we have asked people to cable tie their bikes in strategic spots to discourage theft ie. tieing wheels to frame.

All the activity will be in the green oval inside the track. There will be only 2 entries/exits. The underground tunnel and the small gate at the stand which opens to the track.

The underground tunnel will be open at all times, however the small gate on the stands leading out onto the track, will be closed during the track demo races.

All food stalls will be located at the spectator stands only. This will include 2 BBQs and a cafe. The Cashier will be Eleri and she will be located on the stands at all times.

Send all people who need to pay for their $10 Concourse registration or $5 Swap Meet stall rego to Eleri on the spectator stand.

The Concourse event will be held in the green oval along with the Swap Meet stalls. Most stall holders, but not all, will be housed under marquees. This will be a first come, best dressed situation. We have several tables but not enough for everyone. If sellers arrive after all good spots have been taken, they'd have to make do.

All registration fees are to be paid to the cashier (Eleri) who will be located at the spectator stands with the food stalls and cafe.

All Crowd Control vollies should be vigilant for anyone walking off with bicycles. You will be provided with a list of concourse participant's names and if you need further verification, please contact John Johnson or I.

I am confident all will go well on the day. Thanks for helping out and here's to a good day.

Thanks all,
Marc

The agenda for the day:

food stall set up
12.20 to 12.30 Welcome and welcome to country by MC and/or someone from DHBC exec comm.
5.00pm End.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 20 Mar 2013, 08:40

BUMP....

Hi vollies

Thanks all,
Marc

The agenda for the day:

food stall set up
5.00pm End.

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 20 Mar 2013, 09:25

So is now the time I confess that I used to be a Security guard? Both a bouncer and static guard.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 20 Mar 2013, 19:33

BUMP....

Hi vollies

Thanks all,
Marc

The agenda for the day:

food stall set up
5.00pm End.

VOLLIES LIST:

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

We have 10 people doing info and crowd control (turn up at velodrome from 11.30am):
Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul
Pia
Ted
Juliet

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 22 Mar 2013, 07:14

LAST BUMP.... :D

Hi vollies

Thanks all,
Marc

The agenda for the day:

food stall set up
2pm to 3pm Various track demonstration races
5.00pm End.

VOLLIES LIST:

Eleri - Cashier
Stuart on BBQ

Lizanne W
Svetlana
Camilla
Tim L
Peter Bownes
Paul
Pia
Ted
Juliet
Last edited by marc2131 on 22 Mar 2013, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 22 Mar 2013, 07:22

Hi Marc,

When did the time and duration for the track racing change? Lindsay rang me earlier in the week and said we would be on at 2pm...

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 22 Mar 2013, 07:43

OK Alex. My mistake.
Amended the agenda. Track demo races from 2-3pm.

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 22 Mar 2013, 11:27

Looking at the agenda for the day, volunteers would be required started at 11am? Does the committee need any other help setting up before this? Such as with tents, signage etc.

Basically offering help and asking what time you what me at Tempe.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 22 Mar 2013, 11:49

Some of us will be there from 10am. Always welcome extra hands to set up.
Thanks Tim.

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 22 Mar 2013, 14:43

Hey, we're in the Valley Times newspaper!

http://www.torchpublishing.com.au/news/ ... p?ID=87889

Return to “Conversation”