MONT 24hr MTB race

For the MTB and mud/dirt/rock lovers...
NOOG

Postby NOOG » 02 Dec 2008, 15:45

Alright. Entries have opened for the Mont 24 hr race at Sparrow Hill. The course is made up of a lot of very good singletrack and will not be as dusty as Mt Stromlo (thank god).
It's a team event so we can enter 4, 6 or 8-10. Judging by the interest when I first posted about the race we should be able to muster a team of 4, maybe even 2 teams?
The race is on 4-5 of April. Let me know if you're keen and I'll enter as a team. We can worry about money once it's all organised I guess. It's $130 incl. camping or $120 without.
http://www.mont24.com.au/
Here's a few pics of DHBC's last 24hour MTB effort to get you in the mood :D

ImageImage

christian

Postby christian » 02 Dec 2008, 19:49

I'll be up for this. I think I will need some new lights for this one. With any luck there won't be a track events on the same weekend. Last year this is when the metro masters was moved to.

NOOG

Postby NOOG » 28 Feb 2009, 08:23

Due to my highly developed procrastination skills, I failed to enter a team in time and the event's now sold out.
However, the best MTB race in Aus (the ANGRY DOCTOR http://www.arocsport.com.au/mtbenduro/m ... _home.html) is coming up soonish (12/13 September). It's an 100km race, entries open 1st May. As it's not a team event, you can enter yourselves and not be held at the mercy of my laxidasical nature.
Sorry guys (Christian, Simon & Lindsay)

P.S. I nominate Christian as MTB team captain again. That seemed to work out much better.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 01 Mar 2009, 12:54

Gees I"m a bit disappointed that we missed out, I really love the 24hr lap format. I don't know about 100kms races they sound a bit gruelling. I'll have a think about it. I heard the Australian solo 24 hr championships are coming up soon, does anyone know anything about them?

Return to “Mountain”