24%
2011 Tempetation Fixie Century Costal
16%
2011 Bernard Beer 7 part Criterium series
3%

Total votes: 38

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 11 Nov 2011, 10:26

I thought since we have managed to stage an omnium every month this year, a 7 part criterium series and the always successful fixie century it is a good chance to reflect on what people have found to be the most fun events of 2011. I have allowed 3 votes so you can choose your 3 favorites.

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Nov 2011, 11:35

I can't decide, of the omniums I think the 81 inch, and the halloween one, but can they compete with the century?

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Nov 2011, 11:38

oh far out, the Maddison was good too!... so we can vote three, but I want four..

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Nov 2011, 11:40

Ok I thought that the century will get every ones vote, as it is the best, I voted on the points, 81 inch and halloween

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 11 Nov 2011, 11:44

I only participated in one of these events so its hard to pick three. Maybe you could have added the adventure rides for the non track/fixie riding, non-racing members to at least have a chance to vote for something :wink:

andrewb

Postby andrewb » 11 Nov 2011, 12:07

I voted for the international omnium, halloween omnium and the crit series (what we had of it) for the enjoyment & novelty aspect.

But the Costal, the 81", and the non-fixie century were all pretty good. (i've just realised that I would vote for everything I was able to participate in, and only leave out stuff I wasn't actually at, so sorry that's not particularly helpful in selecting the most fun event.)

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 11 Nov 2011, 12:19

could we add a "riding with DHBC" button because that has to be the best thing i've done in the last year!

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 11 Nov 2011, 12:47

I only participated in one of these events so its hard to pick three. Maybe you could have added the adventure rides for the non track/fixie riding, non-racing members to at least have a chance to vote for something :wink:
I was going to add in other events but the poll only gives you ten options & in truth I'm only really wondering which events were popular and which weren't for future reference of what should be added to the calender next year.

jbcow

Postby jbcow » 11 Nov 2011, 13:10

I couldn't make many events, so I'm another 'vote can't be meaningful' non-voter

BUT, what I would say is that there is a great list of events through the club - in terms of both variety and volume. If the organisers can keep it up (usually the same suspects) without burning themselves out, that's great. Or maybe we should be sharing the load more...? Hmmm.

Thanks heaps.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 11 Nov 2011, 14:12

I was going to add in other events but the poll only gives you ten options & in truth I'm only really wondering which events were popular and which weren't for future reference of what should be added to the calendar next year.
point taken. maybe it should have been labelled 'which track event did you like the most' and remove the crit series? BTW, I didn't vote either.

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Nov 2011, 15:00

point taken. maybe it should have been labelled 'which track event did you like the most' and remove the crit series? BTW, I didn't vote either.
As the crit series may not happen any more, people didn't turn up to it.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 12 Nov 2011, 06:30

I couldn't make many events, so I'm another 'vote can't be meaningful' non-voter

BUT, what I would say is that there is a great list of events through the club - in terms of both variety and volume. If the organisers can keep it up (usually the same suspects) without burning themselves out, that's great. Or maybe we should be sharing the load more...? Hmmm.

Thanks heaps.
I second all that. This year I always had some thing on every time we had an event (except the fixie century which is way too hard core for me)- but I especially would have liked to be at the Halloween one.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 12 Nov 2011, 09:03

I really enjoy running these events and have done for a few years now. Generally it is a combination of me, Lindsay & Dad who organise them all. Then this year it has been a great blessing that we have a number of commissaries who have taken turns running the events on the day & to have parents and partners around has really made it easy to keep going. One of the most laborsome jobs is probably getting the bqq together which dad enjoys doing most of the time but could probably be shared around.

It kind of makes me laugh though to think that the 3 events that have been voted for as the most popular, none of them would have happened if I had of put it to a vote in terms of safety, difficulty and risk. But I suppose that keeping events safe is by far the most difficult challenge week in week out. & I guess if anything is going to burn me out, it is hearing the majority of people around me tell me that certain events are a bad idea....

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 12 Nov 2011, 13:58

Tough decision. Everything i was at was good fun.

Legs of steel, i was on a smaller gear than 81inch. International Keirin is always great with the variety of food. The Madison and points race were great, but people need to learn how to put in attacks that are never going to succeed (for some excitement). One hour omnium after 1hr sleep, though we may need to refine the process and possibly make it harder to beat the 1hr. Fixie century is always great. The crits were good fun, just had numbers issues... Halloween, i missed...

Return to “Track”