DHBC Juniors Training News & Statistics 15 February 2012

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 16 Feb 2012, 17:05

Hi Everybody,

Training had its ups and downs this week - and I don't just mean riders using the bank! Some really great training races, but a few falls also. I'm glad to report that Taku Rogers wasn't too badly injured in a heavy fall during an individual time trial. The good doctors and nurses at RPA checked him over thorougly and dressed his wounds, fortunately he had no broken bones or head injuries. We wish him a speedy recovery and return to cyling. Goes to show how important protective clothing and helmets are in this sport. Dexter also had a couple of bingles, but was very brave and got back on his steed with the minimum of fuss.

A number of achievements worth mentioning this week. All riders improved their pace line drill. Taku rode hard against Pat who's in an older age group but was edged out for second in their scratch. Tess just beat Alison in their scratch. Thomas took best time in the Flying 200 with 15.04 and congratulations to Pat for making his first Flying 200 in 15.5. Very little seperating Tess at 18.69 and Alison at 18.9. Fantastic match of speed, strength and tactics between Alex and Thomas. Alex controlled the first race to take the line in the first derby over 4 laps, but Thomas employed clever tactics to beat Alex by half a wheel in the second. :D We all learnt a lot from watching. The full results and times have been emailed.

Track Racing
Best wishes to Tess Wallace, Tom Bolton and Bill Bolton :mrgreen: who are racing in the NSW Junior Metropolitan Track Championships this Saturday the 18th of February from 10.30 at the Dunc Gray Velodrome at Bass Hill. Tess you'll need to get there one hour earlier to sign on and warm up. Simon Bolton has kindly offered to help you with advice and as a handler if needed, and Phil Kelly will also be there if you have any question. Best of luck also to our friends from Southern Cross club, Thomas Cornish, John Trovas, Callum Goldsmith, Connor Peters and Evan Pignatelli. It'd be great if other club members could get along to support them and it's a great way to see what racing is all about. Here's a link for further details:

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ra ... /12027.htm

Bill and Tom :P are also racing in the Southern Cross Junior Track Open straight after the Metros. Expecting some great results from the brothers as usual. I'm just sorry I can't be there to help out - looking forward to catching up on all the action on my return from Tasmania.

Racing Training
The DHBC Committee has agreed in principal to the proposal to have a professional coach in to train the U15 and up juniors. We're planning to pin-down the details at the next meeting on the 1st of March, after which I'll let you know when we'll be starting.

General Stuff
Fantastic to see Francis Teow and dad Peter along, looking foward to your return to the track, when you can manage it. Happy Birthday to Dexter who's turning eight years old! Thanks in advance to Collin Williamson who'll be taking training next Wednesday, while I'm trekking in the wilds of South West Tasmania. See you all on my return.

Till next time,
Keep rolling!

Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 20 Feb 2012, 07:36

A massive congrats to the Jr riders who competed over the weekend! i managed to turn up for a few races and it was excellent to see the DHBC riders at the track.
Special mention to Tessa, who came second in the sprint derby (3 laps), against a girl who did very well at the Christmas carnivals. Very good results for your first race (and at DGV!).

Return to “Track”