C25's Ride Report July 1st

Road cycling & upcoming rides
JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 02 Jul 2012, 11:27

Following a mighty win from the Swans on Saturday night, Sunday dawned bright and clear (albeit a little cold) for my first ride as solo Ride Leader for the C25's. Thankfully, one of the first people I saw was Colin who would be riding with us which eased the pressure somewhat for lane changing etc.

In the end the ride was pleasantly uneventful. When at Sutherland we had a couple of riders peel off to Kurnell to go whale spotting (unfortunately no whales were spotted), and then another couple (Linda and Jason) who were thinking of turning early. Another big thank you to Colin who volunteered to go back with them only for them to be determined to finish and indeed ended up making it to Waterfall and back.

A wonderful, social group of people made up the C25's on Sunday and not once did the Tour de France come up in conversation (maybe once)! But I can recommend St. Schols to my brother as a school of choice for his daughters after a lengthy conversation with Rob. ;-) And I'm also tempted to upgrade my Avanti Questa to Ultegra Di2 after riding with Denise who had nothing but good things to say about it.

We averaged 25.4km/h for the ride which I will consider a win. Oh, and I did it on my fixie.

GregPankhurst

Postby GregPankhurst » 02 Jul 2012, 12:49

Was a good ride wasn't it?

Well done to Linda for sticking it out and making it back. And well done on going the fixie...

utopia

Postby utopia » 08 Jul 2012, 03:07

Thanks for leading the ride Jo
After several winter weeks off the bike, I ran out of juice on the way back and jumped off at Cooks River to meander back, and it was probably a good move as I cramped in both thighs just before reaching home.
To follow up on the wide angle lens modification conversation at the servo, here is the link
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280752532003#ht_2060wt_1064

Courtesy from http://www.sydneycyclist.com/forum/topi ... t%3A423230

Linda

Postby Linda » 16 Jul 2012, 18:24

Thank you to Colin and James for their support and patience. In training now for the next ride in a few weeks.

Return to “Road”