DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 1 May 2013

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 03 May 2013, 09:56

Hi All,

I had my fingers crossed the rain would stay away and it did, only one or two drops.

A nice easy session before the BBQ!

After individual warm ups, it was into Pacelines, Group C with 20 laps, Group B with 15 and Group A with 10 laps.

Next, Eliminations. Each group having a go. First up Group C, after the 20 lap paceline the race started slowly as all jockeyed for position in the first 2 neutral laps. Once they got the word to go the pace picked up and it was on for young and old. Rosie was the first to be eliminated but only by a whisker, Next Alison, then Taku, and the Ruby by a ½ wheel. Next Tess and Sarah, leaving Rohan and Zanzi, Tom Clark. Rohan was dropped on the back straight and Zanzi tried to catch Tom who had been riding off the front for most of the race. On the last lap Tom pulling away but Zanzi fought back, tom only a couple of meter ahead on the line.

Next group B, Smaller number this week. Caitlin lead out the neutral laps and most of the first elimination lap but was overtaken on the last corner by the group so was first to go. As the pace quickened Toby was next, then Darani, leaving Mia and Isaac. Tom Bolton riding with Mia, giving encouragement. Mia accelerated and go onto Isaac’s wheel coming into turn three and tried to pass coming onto the home straight but did quite have the legs and missed by ½ a bike.

Next Group A, an even smaller group than group B this week. A good slow start as Eden got into his first ever track training race unfortunately the other had more experience and he was the first to be eliminated. Christian fought hard but was the next to go as Will and Rory pulled away. Rory can home strong and will a valiant second.

Well do all, excellent efforts.

As the BBQ was fired up we finished the session with Catch the Butch, Taku and Tom Bolton leading each group around the track while James and I called names as the groups crossed the pursuit start lines.

Lastly, 2 laps slow the warm down and it was into the food.

The BBQ was a great success with all the food being eaten. Thanks to everyone for helping and/or bring a plate

Upcoming Event’s

This Saturday, I’ll be running an Intro to the track from 1pm to 3pm and “Women’s Track” is on again from 3pm to 5pm

This Week’s Session

All - Warm up and Paceline drills
Group B rollers, it been two week that you’ve missed out!
Group C and A alternating between warm up and track
All - warm down

Birthdays
None this week

Thanks to James, and everyone for a great evening.

‘til next Wednesday and back to normal training

Colin

Return to “Track”