DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 9 Mar 2016

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 10 Mar 2016, 16:57

Hi All,

It’s been a long time between newsletters.

Track season has finished but the numbers of riders at training has grown, well over 30 each week.

Over the past few weeks we have been focusing on endurance, this week was sprint week.
The first session started with a warm up Paceline then it was time to try a new drill, flying team sprint. Splitting into groups of three.
1 lap to get sorted and start accelerating from the top of the train coming out of corner four, down to the sprinter lane for a half lap turn on the front. each group took turns switching positions so each group completed 3 goes. Time was running out so everyone tried to pair up and ride with a novice rider for the last 5 mins.

The second session followed the same format, 10 lap warm up then flying team sprints. We then had time try another new drill, handicap power jumps. this time groups of four, 1 lap the get sorted, then slow to walking pace and then accelerate for 1/2 a lap chancing the rider in front. Again time was short so a few minutes warm down after a hard session.

Classic Bike Show - 19th March at the Velodrome
I have been asked to organise some exhibition racing so I’m after volunteers, race licence not required. The races will be held between 12 and 1. Please let me know if you can make it so I can create a short program. There are prizes to be won.
The last race will be the Women’s handicap race, Tess is the current trophy holder, open to all women so girls please put your hand up and come to ride.

Birthdays
I missed wishing Happy Birthday to Bro, Will, Isla, Sandro, Max and Oscar in February and Carman earlier this month. I hope you all had a great day
This week it’s Tess’ Birthday, Happy Birthday, hope it’s an excellent day.

A big thank you to Alison, Caitlin, Tess, Mia and Oliver for helping with the early sessions

‘til next week

Colin

Return to “Track”