Ken Dinnerville Memorial Handicap 25th May- Don't miss this!

Road cycling & upcoming rides
mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 28 May 2008, 14:17

Here's the winning photo and the NSCC writeup

http://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.org.au/open/

Huw

Postby Huw » 28 May 2008, 15:00

I know that this is off-topic, but I notice that NSCC have changed their kit again. I have to say, I'd be pissed off if I had invested so much in their pink and purple 2007 kit to have the new red and black 2008 kit thrust upon me!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 28 May 2008, 15:05

Bumped into Eugene and Phil from NSCC this morning on their commute. Is that the Phil that sometimes accompanies us on the opens?

Huw

Postby Huw » 28 May 2008, 15:06

Yes - I guess he'll look less unlike us when we hang out with him!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 28 May 2008, 15:09

Since we have gone off topic, I don't mind a new uniform each year, providing its a evolution from the previous year. You can save the new jersey for the races and use the older ones for training and commuting.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 28 May 2008, 15:25

I know that this is off-topic, but I notice that NSCC have changed their kit again. I have to say, I'd be pissed off if I had invested so much in their pink and purple 2007 kit to have the new red and black 2008 kit thrust upon me!
I think the black and red would be a bit more appealing to new male riders than pink and purple. But it is quite an extreme colur change. Makes the old jerseys and knicks obsulete. Phil's coming down to wagga I think, it will be interseting to see if he re-invested?

Here's their last few jerseys down the bottom of this page.
http://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.or ... &Itemid=39

I guess some clubs are just more fashion conscious than traditional & need to change every few seasons...

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 28 May 2008, 15:40

Since we have gone off topic, I don't mind a new uniform each year, providing its a evolution from the previous year. You can save the new jersey for the races and use the older ones for training and commuting.
Changing every year costs too much money, as when you go away for the opens it's ideal to have 2 jerseys, one for each day. The reason for NSCC changing so often seems to be changes in sponsors.

FAswad

Postby FAswad » 28 May 2008, 19:17

Great reports!

I guess I haven't got much to add.

After a couple minutes of observation and figuring, I got quite comfortable in the 17 min bunch, taking turns and all. Smon was there too. Then we got caught by the 14 minute bunch, and it was great to be alongside Eugene and Huw! All was going well. Pace was manageable. I'm quite happy that the only time felt under pressure during the race was on the major climb.

Then diisaster. I was was ushered to the front by Eugene who tipped me that he was planning something and I should move up to the front before the next hill. Then disaster. I moved myself to the front and, while taking a pull missed the 90% turn into the school and kept going straight. By the time I looked back, turned and took off again it was way too late. I remembered Simon's advice that if you're dropped t might not be over as you can get on a chasing bunch. I peddaled along waiting for the chasng bunch and collecting 2 dropped riders along the way and waving to Michael and William. It took forever, but the chasing bunch finally arrived. The minute I latched on, I realised the bunch had no hope. By then I was resigned. It was good, however, to have a free ride home. Then I jammed my front deraileur and lost the bunch. Got off my bike, fxed the problem, admired my new wheels and started back again.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 28 May 2008, 21:55

I think the black and red would be a bit more appealing to new male riders than pink and purple. But it is quite an extreme colur change. Makes the old jerseys and knicks obsulete. Phil's coming down to wagga I think, it will be interseting to see if he re-invested?

Here's their last few jerseys down the bottom of this page.
http://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.or ... &Itemid=39

I guess some clubs are just more fashion conscious than traditional & need to change every few seasons...
Putting these valid arguments aside about chopping and changing jerseys, I actually like the look of their new jersey. It has great colours and is not overkilled by sponsorship

http://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.or ... &Itemid=31

Return to “Road”